Offered online for working professionals
Completely online. Most competitive tuition. Scholarships available.
Our program is designed for anyone interested in developing core-competencies in the growing field of health care compliance, including: health care professionals, attorneys, and those interested in a dynamic career change. Mitchell Hamline’s 11-credit program can be completed in just 11 months and will prepare you to skillfully lead and guide a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations, and champion an ethical corporate culture. Mitchell Hamline J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Health care practitioners, attorneys, and business professionals enrolled in the program complement each other’s skills to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Health Care Compliance Institute (3 credits, prerequisite to all other courses, Number: 3021)
- Health Care Compliance Laws & Regulations (3 credits, emphasis on HIPAA, Number: 4160)
- Governance and Ethics in Health Care Compliance (2 credits, Number: 3023)
- Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigating, and Reporting (3 credits, Number: 3022)
This program is designed for anyone interested in developing core competencies in the growing field of health care compliance, including: health care professionals, attorneys, and those interested in a dynamic career change.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (applicants with a lower GPA are admitted on a case-by-case basis based on professional experience, graduate coursework, and a personal interview)
- Resident of a state where Mitchell Hamline is authorized to provide online education (eligibility by state)
The next cohort of students will begin in May 2017. Applications are due no later than Monday, May 1, 2017.Apply Now
- Tuition: $930/credit (total of 11 credits)
- No registration, application, or matriculation fees
- A $250 non-refundable deposit must accompany all applications. The tuition deposit will be deducted from the summer tuition payment. The deposit will only be returned in the applicant is not accepted into the program.
Students are not guaranteed the tuition and fee rates for more than one year. Mitchell Hamline reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Financial Aid Options
If you are a non-degree student seeking enrollment in the Health Care Compliance Certificate, you are not eligible to receive federal financial aid. Do not complete the FAFSA. Check the list below for alternative financial aid options.
- Outside Scholarships
- Law School Scholarships
- Minnesota Military Service Education Benefits
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Minnesota Dislocated Worker Program
- Alternative Loans
- Tax Benefits for Education
- Employer and Union Tuition Coverage: Many employers and unions have funds available to support worker education and skills upgrades. We can provide the necessary documentation to help you take advantage of these programs through your employer or union.
State Eligibility and Complaint Process
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, like all higher education institutions, must follow individual state regulations before enrolling students outside of Minnesota in its online programs. Mitchell Hamline can enroll students residing in most states, but please confirm whether your state is among the eligible states.
Please contact Barbara.Colombo @mitchellhamline.edu, Director, Health Care Compliance Program