Designed for MHSL J.D. students
Helping you become an effective leader in health law
Our program is designed for Mitchell Hamline J.D. students interested in developing core-competencies in the growing field of health care compliance. The certificate courses will prepare you to skillfully lead a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations, and champion an ethical corporate culture.
After completion of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Develop and deliver training
- Audit, monitor, and investigate
- Assess risk
- Create and enforce a code of conduct, championing
an ethical corporate culture
- Sit for the Compliance Certification Board’s (CCB) Certified in Health Care Compliance Exam. Mitchell Hamline is one of only a few institutions accredited by the CCB. Certified in Healthcare Compliance Examination (PDF)
- Graduates receive Mitchell Hamline’s unique CHC Exam Toolkit featuring tips from our alumni. Click here to read our publication: Health Care Compliance and the CHC Credential.
Certificate students are paired with industry professionals, effectively linking Mitchell Hamline’s strong academic learning environment with the real world of health care compliance.
- Health Care Compliance Institute (3 credits, prerequisite to all other compliance courses)
- Health Care Compliance Laws and Regulations (3 credits)
- Governance and Ethics in Health Care Compliance (2 credits)
- Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigating, and Reporting (3 credits)
- Do not take: Health Care Compliance Laws and Regulations (3 credits)
- Do take: Health Law Organization and Finance (3 credits)
- Do take: Health Law Quality and Liability (3 credits) – OR – HIPAA Privacy (2 credits)
Standard J.D. tuition rates apply to the on-campus Health Care Compliance Certificate courses.
Notice of Intent
Students are encouraged to apply early in their law school tenure. Declaring an intent to pursue a Health Law or Health Care Compliance Certificate creates no obligation to complete one.
Mitchell Hamline J.D. students have the unique opportunity to earn both the Health Law Certificate and the Health Care Compliance Certificate. The following information packet will explain how to earn both in the most efficient way.Information Packet Notice of Intent Form
Biannual Progress Report
Health law students should complete this form every October and March.