Gain a competitive advantage in one of the hottest job markets—health care compliance—while attending law school as a visiting student at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. Complete this certificate as part of your J.D. completely online, requiring no additional time commitment. Scholarships are available for qualified students. This unique combination will increase the value of your J.D. Begin your coursework this summer.
“One-third of the projected fastest growing occupations from 2012 to 2022 are in the health care field” –National Jurist in naming Health Care Law “Red Hot” for offering the best employment prospects.
Helping you become an effective leader in health law
We will prepare you to skillfully lead a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations-and champion an ethical corporate culture.
- Award-winning, established, flexible program
- Most advanced and relevant curriculum in the country
- World-class faculty and industry experts unique to Minnesota’s highly evolved health care marketplace
- Personalized support for effective and efficient learning
Our graduates possess the knowledge and qualifications to sit for the nationally recognized Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) exam. The CHC is recognized by the health care industry as the credential reflecting a sophisticated understanding of relevant laws and regulations to promote organizational compliance and integrity in our health care delivery system.
- One of only 6 law schools accredited by the Compliance Certification Board
- Our graduates are exempt from the CHC exam work experience requirement
- The 2015 Health Care Chief Compliance Officers and Staff Salary Survey by the Health Care Compliance Association reports that respondents with a certification earned, on average, $11,000 more than those without one.
Get credits you need for your J.D. conveniently online
Mitchell Hamline was the first law school in the country to adopt best practices in online education to allow students to earn an ABA-accredited, partly online and partly on-campus J.D. through our Hybrid Program, and it’s those practices that we’re adapting to serve unique programs like the Health Care Compliance Certificate.
- Earn 11 J.D. credits, completely online
- Begin in May 2017
- Complete all of the courses in just 11 months
Start your career with a competitive advantage
Our program graduates have gone on to land a variety of jobs in numerous health care settings, including:
- Distinguished Regulatory Affairs Advisor, Medtronic
- Senior Compliance Analyst, UnitedHealthcare
- Chief Privacy Officer, St. Jude Medical
- Program Lead, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Research Compliance Specialist, Allina Health