Mapping network drives from off-campus using the VPN client
For Windows 7
- Once you have an Internet connection, run Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and login. Instructions here: /technology/vpn-installing-cisco-anyconnect-from-off-campus/
- Open Computer on your desktop or in your start menu.
- Click Map network drive.
- Type the server and directory path from the table below into the Folder: textbox for the corresponding letter in the table below.
|Server and directory path|
|“Folder name” on ‘ginsburg’ (H:)||
|Groups on ‘ginsburg’ (G:)||
|Common on ‘ginsburg’ (M:)||
For Mac OSX
- Once you have an Internet connection, run Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and login.
- In Finder, click Connect to Server, and in the server address use the following:
|“Folder name” on ‘ginsburg’ (H:)||Smb://ginsburg/users/firstname.lastname|
|Groups on ‘ginsburg’ (G:)||Smb://ginsburg/groups|
|Common on ‘ginsburg’ (M:)||Smb://ginsburg/common|
- When you are prompted to authenticate, choose to connect as Registered User and change the login name to firstname.lastname (e.g. joe.ketzner) and use your regular network password. Click the + to add them to the list and they will be there the next time you want to use them.