Students can print from either the networked desktops in the Library Computer Lab and Copy Room or from their own computers or mobile devices. Print jobs can be sent from on or off campus.
Six networked printer/copiers on campus are available for students to use.
- Four printer/copiers are located in the Library Copy Room next to the Circulation Desk
- One printer/copier is located in Hachey Commons
- One printer/copier is located outside Room 227
Student Printing Instructions
Student Printing Tips and Basics:
» You must send your documents from your Mitchell Hamline email account.
• email log in: https://outlook.com/mitchellhamline.edu.
» Send your print jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A print job for both the attachment and the email itself will be created. The print job for the email itself has the label “htm” and does not need to be printed.
» Your Mitchell Hamline password must be active.
• Password reset/unlock: /technology/network-services-and-accounts/password-self-service/.
» Your email has a limit of 20mb limit.
• Print jobs will not be sent if your email and attachment exceeds 20mb.
» Large files will take longer to show up in your print job queue.
» Your printing account must have enough of a balance to print the whole document you select in your queue, even if you opt to only print a couple of pages.
• If you only need to print the first 2 pages of a 100 page document, save those 2 pages as a separate document and send that document to your print queue.
Printing costs $0.04 per printed page for students. An annual $10.00 student fee covers the first 250 pages of printing or copying. Additional pages may be purchased at the Library Circulation Desk by cash or check.
Students can also add funds to their printing account by credit card or PayPal at https://printing.mitchellhamline.edu/ig (website accessible only on-campus).
Students can check their copy/print balance at https://printing.mitchellhamline.edu/ig (on-campus access only). Printing balances are also available on the printer/copier’s interface screen when you log into your print queue.
All unused pages will remain on students’ accounts until one year after graduation.
Contact the Library Circulation Desk for questions regarding student printing accounts:
Library – 1st Floor
Dedicated LexisNexis printers are located in the first floor copy room. Students may print from LexisNexis to these printers at no charge.
Contact the Library Reference Staff for questions regarding LexisNexis printing:
Library – 1st Floor
Mon-Fri, 9 am-5 pm