Hispanic National Bar Association
2018 1L Summer Internship Program
Prudential Financial, Inc.
DEADLINE: January 22, 2018 by 5:00 PM EST
The Hispanic National Bar Association is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. (Prudential) to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly-motivated first-year law student. Through this partnership, the Hispanic National Bar Association will select one student to join the 2018 summer law intern class at Prudential for a 10-week internship at Prudential’s New Jersey offices, for a stipend of approximately $10,000.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential’s businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
• Paid attendance at the LCLD Scholars Summit in Philadelphia PA, May 22-24, 2018
• Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
• Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects and other substantive work
• Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review
• Interviewing skill development and mock interview practice
• Networking both within Prudential and externally with law firms and regulatory groups
• Presentation development and delivery
• The opportunity to shadow attorneys on various projects
• Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships
The 1L summer internship will run for 10 weeks, from May 21, 2018 to July 27, 2018. Summer interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $10,000, which shall accrue and be paid on a weekly basis.
Applicants must be members of the Hispanic National Bar Association. They need to be enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year of law school with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). The applicant must be scheduled for graduation in spring 2020 (full-time students) or spring 2021 (part-time students). The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest.
Interns not local to New Jersey will be responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from Prudential’s office in Newark, New Jersey.
Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply:
To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and a copy of your transcript to:
Carlos Bollar, Esq., HNBA Region III President
c/o Archer & Greiner
One Centennial Square,
Haddonfield, NJ 08033,
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write “Prudential Internship- [insert applicant’s name]” in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on Monday, January 22, 2018. The finalist will be selected and contacted by Prudential HR on or before February 16, 2018 regarding next steps in the application process.
Prudential and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Please see the attachment for additional details: Law-Internship-Program-Marketing-Page-2017