2021-2022 MINNESOTA AMERICAN INDIAN BAR ASSOCIATION LAW STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
MAIBA-Scholarship-Application Form 2021-2022
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2021
APPLICATION FORM: PDF fillable form is attached. Please email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for the MAIBA Law Student Scholarship you must:
• Be an Associate Member of MAIBA (If you are not a MAIBA member, you can become a member by completing
the membership application available at http://www.maiba.org/membership-application/);
• Provide documentation that you are either: (a) an enrolled member of a federally-recognized American Indian
tribe; or (b) recognized by your American Indian community of residence or origin as being American Indian
(consistent with MAIBA criteria for Associate membership).
• Be a second, third or fourth year law student at a Minnesota law school (during the academic year in which the
scholarship is to be awarded);
• Demonstrate that you are currently in academic good standing;
• Demonstrate that you have a financial need;
• Submit a written personal statement;
• Submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation;
• Submit a signed application form;
• Submit additional optional materials if applicable.
To be considered, your application must be complete at the time of submission consisting of required documents and
any other necessary attachments listed in the Application Cover Form.
The deadline is FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2021.
Submit by E-mail to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in subject line: “2021-2022 MAIBA Scholarship Application” and your last name.
Please try to include all application materials in one email if possible.
If you have any questions, please contact Jody Alholinna at the email addresses above.