The Health Law Institute tackles the important subject of concussions in sports just weeks before Minneapolis plays host to Super Bowl LII. This event is designed to address key issues facing players, teams, leagues, doctors and lawyers regarding head injuries and brain trauma. Leading experts share perspectives on medical advances in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), related legal and ethical issues, youth athletics and parental concerns, player representation, and the sports fan’s appetite for football in light of concussions.
Conference speakers include:
- Alan C. Page, Retired Minnesota Supreme Court Justice
- Jessica L. Roberts, JD, of the University of Houston Law Center and a consultant with the NFL-funded Football Players Health Study at Harvard.
- Uzma Samadani, MD, PhD, Department of Neurology, Hennepin County Medical Center and a leading concussion researcher.
- Mike Grant, Head Football Coach, Eden Prairie High School and 2014 Don Shula NFL High School Coach of the Year.
- Jim Souhan, Sports Journalist, Minneapolis Star Tribune and author of, “When it comes to the NFL, how many of us are “football hypocrites?”
- Blake Baratz, Player Representative and President, Institute for Athletes, a full-service sports representation firm representing numerous players in the NFL.
Pending CLE Approval
Live Webcast Available