The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) works with students, student organizations, the administration, faculty, and staff to create an environment of inclusiveness, where all feel comfortable expressing racial, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, and other dimensions of social, economic and cultural identity. The Office serves as the primary resource for addressing student needs, issues, and concerns as they relate to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The Office represents the student’s perspective, and serves in an advisory capacity to administration, faculty, and staff.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is responsible for:
- supporting student academic success and promoting diversity in the legal profession.
- recruitment and retention of Asian American, Latinx, African American, Native American, Multiracial, LGBTQ+, international students, and students from other underrepresented groups.
- developing cultural competence training programs for students, administration, faculty, and staff.
- supporting diversity programming that celebrates our shared community and strengthens alumni relations.
- providing support, encouragement, advice, and training opportunities for students, administration, faculty, and staff.
- providing funding for inclusion initiatives.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion enhances diversity in all of its forms, and offers a number of programs and services that assist students in building a vibrant diverse community, as well as exploring the law from various perspectives.
For more information, see the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website.