The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) is dedicated to creating and providing an equity informed, inclusive, respectful, and welcoming culture at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. The Office serves as a resource for addressing student needs, issues, and concerns as they relate to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Office supports the student’s perspective, life experience, and serves in an advisory capacity to the administration, faculty, and staff.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion supports student success by:
- Using an equity lens to identify and advocate for the removal of barriers to student success.
- Championing and advocating for the recruitment and retention of Asian American, Latinx, African American, American Indian, Multiracial, LGBTQ+, international students, first generation, and students from all historically underrepresented groups.
- Promoting increased diversity in the legal profession by providing education and training opportunities that include developing cultural literacy and diversity programing.
- Empowering students by providing leadership opportunities connected to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal community.
- Encouraging and supporting student driven diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and programs.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is committed to cultivating invigorating conversations, expanding perspectives, inspiring innovation, encouraging civic engagement, social justice initiatives, building community and connecting people.
For more information, see the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website.