A law degree opens doors to a wide variety of career paths in private practice, business, government, and non-profit. The Office of Career and Professional Development helps students and graduates navigate their own career exploration, professional development, experiential learning opportunities, and individualized long-term employment searches to find the right path for them. Services include:
- One-on-one personal career planning.
- Facilitating mentorships and other professional connections between students and alumni, emeritus faculty, and other legal professionals in their respective geographic or industry communities.
- Programming, one-on-one counseling, and online resources to help students explore career options, including opportunities to meet a wide variety of employers, alumni, and other practicing attorneys.
- Programming, resources, and individualized coaching on interviewing, networking skills, and resume development.
- Guidance and support in managing the job search process designed to help students obtain practical experience throughout their law school careers and find meaningful and fulfilling careers after graduation, including assistance with identifying paid and for-credit work experiences and volunteer opportunities.
- Coursework, resources, and individualized coaching focused on professionalism and professional identity formation to prepare students for success in the workplace.
- Outreach to employers to introduce Mitchell Hamline’s distinctive curriculum and student community.
- Partnerships with local and national employers to connect Mitchell Hamline students with the legal and professional market, including on-campus interviewing.
- Online job postings updated daily from a wide variety of employers across geographic markets for a range of available positions, including part-time and full-time jobs, externships, judicial clerkships, work-study opportunities, and fellowships.
For each of these services, the Office of Career and Professional Development aims to support the unique needs of full and part-time, blended learning, and in-residence students throughout each year of law school.
The Office of Career and Professional Development also supports Mitchell Hamline alumni throughout the nation who are seeking assistance with career transitions or professional development. The Office of Career and Professional Development also facilitates connections between Mitchell Hamline alumni and other alumni or Mitchell Hamline students for career exploration, mentoring, and professional relationship building.
For more information, see the Office of Career and Professional Development website.