A law degree opens doors to a wide variety of career paths in private practice, business, government, and non-profit. The Office of Career and Professional Development helps students and graduates navigate their own career exploration, professional development, and long-term employment search to find the right path for them. Services include:
- One-on-one personal career planning.
- Mentoring and other professional connections between students, alumni, emeritus faculty, or other legal professionals in their geographic or industry communities.
- Programming, one-on-one counseling, and online resources to help students explore career options, including opportunities to meet a wide variety of employers, alumni, and other practicing attorneys.
- One-on-one and large group coaching on interviewing, networking skills, resume development, and managing the job search process designed to help students obtain practical experience early in their law school careers.
- Coursework and individualized coaching focused on professionalism and professional identity formation to prepare students for success in the workplace.
- Outreach to employers to introduce Mitchell Hamline’s distinctive curriculum and student community.
- Partnerships with local and national employers to connect Mitchell Hamline students with the legal and professional market including on-campus interviewing.
- Assistance with identifying paid and for-credit work experiences and volunteer opportunities.
- Online job postings updated daily from a wide variety of employers for available part-time and full-time jobs and externships and fellowships.
For each of these services, the Office of Career and Professional Development aims to address the unique needs of full and part-time, weekend, and blended learning students during each year of law school.
The Office of Career and Professional Development also supports Mitchell Hamline alumni throughout the nation who are seeking assistance with career transitions or professional development. The Office of Career and Professional Development also helps connect Mitchell Hamline alumni to students and other alumni for career exploration, mentoring, and professional relationship building.
For more information, see the Office of Career and Professional Development website.