Managing compliance and risk in your organization
Over the past decade, businesses and non-profit organizations have faced increasing demands to comply with a myriad of government regulations in a rapidly changing legal landscape. Today, human resources professionals are responsible for the design, administration, and enforcement of many of the policies that address these regulations while ensuring compliance and managing risk for the organization. This program offers intensive, practice-based training for human resources professionals and their advisors in identifying and evaluating compliance requirements, while also being able to work with stakeholders to effectively implement compliance programs within their organizations.
This online 12-week program offers working professionals the opportunity to learn and use a model of compliance designed to meet organizational goals while addressing the professional’s duty of care, ethical, legal, and philosophical frameworks, and responsibilities as a driver of change in an organization. Our online learning management system is a flexible, interactive portal that offers online discussions, practical exercises, and collaborative activities that can be completed when it fits into your schedule. Keep up with compliance laws so you can become a driver of change in your organization.
This program is designed for:
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Delivery: Online, asynchronous, blended learning
- What this means: All lectures are recorded, there are no class sessions; however, there is a live cohort and professors who engage with each other throughout the program.
- Commitment: It is anticipated that participants will spend 4-6 hours a week on this program. Course content will be delivered via recorded video lectures, readings, short assignments, discussions, self-check quizzes, final assessments, and optional content.
- Requirements: To receive the certificate, all required content will need to be completed by the program deadline. Required content will include each courses final assessment (graded pass/fail) and a few assignments and discussions (graded based on participation).
Understand the purpose, policies, and role of a human resources professional within an organization
Evaluate a workplace event and create an investigative plan that includes risk mapping
Design a non-discriminatory business needs assessment with internal company stakeholders
Communicate the importance of compliance initiatives to internal stakeholders within an organization
Analyze, assess, and prioritize areas of risk and understand how to effectively manage those areas of risk with stakeholders in the organization
Understand employment law and government compliance requirements
A program of Mitchell Hamline School of Law
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is an independent, autonomous school that enjoys an affiliation with Hamline University. It is the largest law school in the region, with approximately 1,000 students and 42 full-time faculty. It has nationally ranked offerings in alternative dispute resolution, clinical education, health law, and part-time programs; an array of certificate and dual-degree programs; and an alumni network of more than 19,000—the largest in the region. It also has more enrollment options than any other law school in the country, with full-time, weekend, and part-time programs, including the nation’s first hybrid on-campus/online J.D. program at an ABA-approved law school. In creating the Hybrid Program, which launched in January 2015 and has become extremely popular with students, we advanced best practices in online education. It’s those practices that we’re now adapting for our professional legal education offerings.
Great in theory. Even better in practice.
Qualified applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or have equivalent work experience. Registration, which includes a $250 deposit, must be completed by the registration deadline.
Fall Program registration deadline: August 6, 2017
Start Date: August 9, 2017
- Human Resources Compliance and Risk Management (3 weeks)
- Talent Acquisition and Pre-Employment Compliance (3 weeks)
- Compliance during Employment: Development, Administration, and Enforcement of Policies and Procedures (3 weeks)
- Compliance Issues in Ending Employment (3 weeks)Optional, stand-alone e-learning courses (coming soon):
- Benefits and Compensation
- Immigration Compliance
- International Employment Law: Compliance and Globalization
- Affirmative Action and Anti-Discrimination Compliance
The total tuition for the Human Resources Compliance Certificate program which includes the four core courses is $3980 for the 2017 calendar year. A 10 percent discount is available for Mitchell Hamline School of Law alumni. This program does not qualify for federal financial aid. The optional stand-alone e-learning courses are $395 per course, but participants who have completed the Human Resources Compliance Certificate will receive a discounted rate of $295 per course.Register Online Request more information
Continuing Education Credits
This program is eligible for 30 CLE credits from the Minnesota State Board of Legal Certification. Included in the credits are 3 credits for Ethics and 2 Elimination and Bias credits. Please email Holly Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance with CLE credit from another state.
State Eligibility and Complaint Process
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, like all higher education institutions, must follow individual state regulations before enrolling students outside of Minnesota in its online programs. Mitchell Hamline can enroll students residing in most states, but please confirm whether your state is among the eligible states.
Please contact email@example.com, Director of Business Development, Professional Legal Education