Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Mitchell Hamline’s health law program is ranked 12th in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Click on the video at right to learn more about the program, which was developed at Hamline University.
Certificates—online and on campus—expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers certificates that allow you to focus your legal education or gain legal knowledge and skills to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (on campus, 13-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (on campus, 17-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Online Health Care Compliance Certificate (11-credit curriculum for working professionals)
Faculty and advisory board help advance the Institute and the industry
Our core and adjunct faculty members are committed to students’ career advancement as well as the advancement of health law policy and the Health Law Institute. Our advisory board, comprised of industry professionals, provide us invaluable perspective on issues, challenges, and needs related to health law practice.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- Health Law Institute 2015 Highlights PDF
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Upcoming Health Law EventsPosted October 23
- On-Demand CLE – Health Care Fraud & Abuse: Enforcement Priorities featuring U.S. Attorney Andrew LugerPosted April 15
- Health Law Faculty AccomplishmentsPosted April 11
- Leah Fitzgerald, J.D. ’15Posted April 11
- Mai Lee Yang, J.D., CHC, ’11Posted April 4
- Medical-Legal Partnership celebrates another client successPosted March 23
- Health law faculty accomplishmentsPosted March 16
- Health Law Institute climbs to 12th in rankingsPosted March 16
- Cowart, J.D. ’16, wins scholarship, attends ABA Health Law Section ConferencePosted March 11
- Marla Berkow, Health Care Compliance Graduate ’14, published in Compliance TodayPosted March 4