Mitchell Hamline’s health law program ranks 13th nationally
Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a regional hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Mitchell Hamline’s health law program is ranked 13th in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Click on the video at right to learn more about the program, which was developed at Hamline University.
Certificates—online and on campus—expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers certificates that allow you to focus your legal education or gain legal knowledge and skills to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (on campus, 13-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (on campus, 17-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Online Health Care Compliance Certificate (11-credit curriculum for working professionals)
Faculty and advisory board help advance the Institute and the industry
Our core and adjunct faculty members are committed to students’ career advancement as well as the advancement of health law policy and the Health Law Institute. Our advisory board, comprised of industry professionals, provide us invaluable perspective on issues, challenges, and needs related to health law practice.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- Health Law Institute 2015 Highlights PDF
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Apply now! Health Law Regulatory & Compliance CompetitionFebruary 8
- Students, alum headed to health care compliance institute in Las VegasFebruary 3
- Moot Court Judges Needed for Health Law ProblemJanuary 27
- An Ode to Healthcare Compliance, by Lindsey Hennings, MAM, CHCJanuary 26
- Medical-Legal Partnership Wins First CaseJanuary 5
- Jesson Appointed to Minnesota Court of AppealsDecember 7
- Schatz ’11 Recognized by Minnesota Chamber of CommerceDecember 7
- Upcoming Health Law EventsOctober 23
- Rand Park ’93 writes in Star Tribune about benefits of Mitchell and Hamline Law combinationOctober 23
- Law Students AwardedOctober 23