Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Mitchell Hamline’s health law program is ranked 12th in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Click on the video at right to learn more about the program, which was developed at Hamline University.
Certificates—online and on campus—expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers certificates that allow you to focus your legal education or gain legal knowledge and skills to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (on campus, 13-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (on campus, 17-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (online for visiting students, 11-credit curriculum)
- Online Health Care Compliance Certificate (online, 11-credit curriculum for working professionals)
Faculty and advisory board help advance the Institute and the industry
Our core and adjunct faculty members are committed to students’ career advancement as well as the advancement of health law policy and the Health Law Institute. Our advisory board, comprised of industry professionals, provide us invaluable perspective on issues, challenges, and needs related to health law practice.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- 2016 HLI Highlights PDF
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Upcoming Health Law EventsPosted October 23
- Off the Record: A Career Conversation Series featuring Kate Johansen ’09, MedicaPosted October 20
- Governor Dayton Proclaims October 18th Medical Alley DayPosted October 18
- Student Volunteers Assist with Advance Care DirectivesPosted October 17
- What summer health law course would you like to take?Posted October 11
- JD/MPH Information Session: This Thursday, Oct. 13 at 4pm!Posted October 11
- 2016 HLI HighlightsPosted October 11
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (September 2016)Posted October 10
- Volunteers Needed: Advance Care Planning with the Mobile Law Network, 10/15/16, Roseville, MNPosted September 29
- Industry at a Crossroads: Legal and Ethical Considerations of Selling Pharmaceuticals in 2016Posted September 27