Gain a competitive advantage in one of the hottest job markets—health care compliance— by obtaining your Health Care Compliance Certificate through our 11-credit program as a virtual visiting student at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. Complete this certificate as part of your J.D. completely online, requiring no additional time commitment. Scholarships are available for qualified students. New cohorts are welcome each semester.
Helping you become an effective leader in health law
We will prepare you to skillfully lead a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations-and champion an ethical corporate culture.
- Award-winning, established, flexible program
- Most advanced and relevant curriculum in the country
- World-class faculty and industry experts
- Personalized support for effective and efficient learning
Our graduates possess the knowledge and qualifications to sit for the nationally recognized Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) exam. The CHC is recognized by the health care industry as the credential reflecting a sophisticated understanding of relevant laws and regulations to promote organizational compliance and integrity in our health care delivery system.
- One of only 11 law schools accredited by the Compliance Certification Board
- Our graduates are exempt from the CHC exam work experience requirement
- The Health Care Chief Compliance Officers and Staff Salary Survey by the Health Care Compliance Association reports that respondents with a certification earned, on average, $11,000 more than those without one.
- Graduates receive Mitchell Hamline’s proprietary CHC Exam Toolkit featuring tips from our alumni.
Obtain credits you need for your J.D. conveniently online
Mitchell Hamline was the first law school in the country to adopt best practices in online education to allow students to earn an ABA-approved, partly online and partly on-campus J.D. through our Blended Learning Program, and it is those practices that we are adapting to serve unique programs like the Health Care Compliance Certificate.
- Earn 11 J.D. credits, completely online
- New cohorts begin every semester
- Complete all coursework in just 11 months
Start your career with a competitive advantage
Our program graduates have gone on to land a variety of jobs in numerous health care settings, including:
- Distinguished Regulatory Affairs Advisor, Medtronic
- Senior Compliance Analyst, UnitedHealthcare
- Chief Privacy Officer, St. Jude Medical
- Program Lead, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Compliance Officer, Mayo Clinic
- Chief Privacy Officer, Sutter Health
- Global Compliance Officer, Coloplast
- Regulatory Specialist, Boston Scientific