Offering the most advanced curriculum with demonstrated effectiveness for health care professionals and attorneys since 2008.
The Health Care Compliance Certificate is accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB). Mitchell Hamline is one of only a few institutions accredited by the CCB.
Graduates receive Mitchell Hamline’s unique CHC Exam Toolkit featuring tips from our alumni. Click here to read our publication: Health Care Compliance and the CHC Credential.
We received the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics 5th Annual International Compliance & Ethics Award.
Our graduates have demonstrated an excellent Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) exam passage rate.
Access to world-class faculty and industry experts, unique to Minnesota’s highly evolved health care marketplace, dedicated to preparing highly trained compliance professionals. They specialize in law, ethics, regulatory enforcement, governance, billing and coding, audits and investigations, and health reform, among other areas.
We have redefined flexibility in health care compliance education for attorneys and industry professionals.
Mitchell Hamline was the first law school in the country to adopt best practices in online education to allow students to earn an ABA-accredited, partly online and partly on-campus J.D. through our HYBRID J.D. Program, and it’s those practices that we’re adapting to serve unique programs like the Health Care Compliance Certificate.
- This program is offered fully online, including the orientation and capstone programs
- You choose when and where you participate in the robust online learning environment
- We’re proud to offer master’s degrees with an emphasis in health care compliance through two partnerships:
Master in Business Administration – Health Care Compliance Emphasis, Concordia University – Saint Paul (1-page informational PDF)
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership – Health Care Compliance Concentration, St. Catherine University
- Read our course descriptions here: Mitchell Hamline Online Compliance Course Descriptions.
Our 11-credit program is comprehensive, yet efficient. It maintains highly competitive tuition rates and provides added value.
No registration, application, or matriculation fees.
Discounts and non-federal financial aid are available for qualified students.
Full access to career support.
Full access to the Mitchell Hamline Law Library.
The Health Care Compliance Institute course has been approved for 12 on demand CLE credits.
Lifelong alumni benefits, including access to continuing legal education, health law events, and newsletters featuring health law news and career opportunities.
The 2015 Health Care Chief Compliance Officers and Staff Salary Survey by the Health Care Compliance Association reports that respondents with a certification earned, on average, $11,000 more than those without one.
Completely online. Most competitive tuition. Scholarships available.
Our program is designed for anyone interested in developing core-competencies in the growing field of health care compliance, including: health care professionals, attorneys, and those interested in a dynamic career change. Mitchell Hamline’s 11-credit program can be completed in just 11 months and will prepare you to skillfully lead and guide a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations, and champion an ethical corporate culture.
Mitchell Hamline J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Health care practitioners, attorneys, and business professionals enrolled in the program complement each other’s skills to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Health Care Compliance Institute (3 credits, prerequisite to all other courses, Number: 3021)
- Health Care Compliance Laws & Regulations (3 credits, emphasis on HIPAA, Number: 4160)
- Governance and Ethics in Health Care Compliance (2 credits, Number: 3023)
- Health Care Compliance Skills (3 credits, Number: 3022)
This program is designed for anyone interested in developing core competencies in the growing field of health care compliance, including: health care professionals, attorneys, and those interested in a dynamic career change.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (applicants with a lower GPA are admitted on a case-by-case basis based on professional experience, graduate coursework, and a personal interview)
- Resident of a state where Mitchell Hamline is authorized to provide online education (eligibility by state)
- Tuition: $930/credit (total of 11 credits)
- Limited scholarships available
- No registration, application, or matriculation fees
- A $250 non-refundable deposit must accompany all applications. The tuition deposit will be deducted from the Spring tuition payment. The deposit will only be returned if the applicant is not accepted into the program.
Students are not guaranteed the tuition and fee rates for more than one year. Mitchell Hamline reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Financial aid options
If you are a non-degree student seeking enrollment in the Health Care Compliance Certificate, you are not eligible to receive federal financial aid. Do not complete the FAFSA. Check the list below for alternative financial aid options.
- Outside Scholarships
- Law School Scholarships
- Minnesota Military Service Education Benefits
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- Minnesota Dislocated Worker Program
- Alternative Loans
- Tax Benefits for Education
- Employer and Union Tuition Coverage: Many employers and unions have funds available to support worker education and skills upgrades. We can provide the necessary documentation to help you take advantage of these programs through your employer or union.
The next cohort of students will begin in August 2019. Applications are due no later than Friday, July 12, 2019.Apply Now
Please contact Barbara.Colombo @mitchellhamline.edu, Director, Health Care Compliance Program