Completely online. Most competitive tuition. Scholarships available.
Our program is designed for anyone interested in developing core-competencies in the growing field of health care compliance, including health care professionals, attorneys, and those interested in a dynamic career change. Mitchell Hamline’s 11-credit program can be completed in just 11 months and will prepare you to skillfully lead and guide a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations, and champion an ethical corporate culture. (Mitchell Hamline J.D. students are not eligible for this program.)
We have redefined flexibility in health care compliance education for attorneys and industry professionals.
Health Care Compliance Certificate Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program will:
- Develop an understanding of state and federal health care laws and regulations.
- Analyze and apply these rules and regulations through a variety of simulation-based assessments.
- Engage, challenge, and communicate with faculty and fellow students to gain an appreciation for alternative views and perspectives.
- Work collaboratively with other students through team projects intended to develop creative problem-solving skills through the application of program content to scenario-based training exercises.
- Hone communication skills through class presentations and writing projects.
- Practice “soft skills” including listening, influence without authority, empathy, leadership, and negotiation.
All qualified program graduates are encouraged to take the Compliance Certification Board’s (CCB) Certified in Health Care Compliance Exam. Mitchell Hamline is one of only 11 law schools accredited by the CCB. Certified in Healthcare Compliance Examination (PDF)
- Graduates of our program have access to Mitchell Hamline’s proprietary CHC Exam Toolkit featuring tips from our alumni. Click here to read our publication: Health Care Compliance and the CHC Credential.
Health care practitioners, attorneys, and business professionals enrolled in the program complement each other’s skills to create a dynamic learning environment. All working professionals must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher to receive the certificate upon completion of the following courses:
- Health Care Compliance Institute (3 credits, prerequisite to all other courses, Number: 3021)
- Health Care Compliance Laws & Regulations (3 credits, emphasis on HIPAA, Number: 4160)
- Governance and Ethics in Health Care Compliance (2 credits, Number: 3023)
- Health Care Compliance Skills (3 credits, Number: 3022)
This program is designed for anyone interested in developing core competencies in the growing field of health care compliance, including health care professionals, attorneys, and those interested in a dynamic career change.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (applicants with a lower GPA are admitted on a case-by-case basis based on professional experience, graduate coursework, and a personal interview)
- Tuition: $930/credit (total of 11 credits)
- Limited scholarships available
- No registration, application, or matriculation fees
Students are not guaranteed the tuition and fee rates for more than one year. Mitchell Hamline reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Financial aid options
If you are a non-degree student seeking enrollment in the Health Care Compliance Certificate, you are not eligible to receive federal financial aid. Do not complete the FAFSA. Check the list below for alternative financial aid options.
- Outside Scholarships
- Law School Scholarships
- Minnesota Dislocated Worker Program
- Alternative Loans
- Tax Benefits for Education
- Employer and Union Tuition Coverage: Many employers and unions have funds available to support worker education and skills upgrades. We can provide the necessary documentation to help you take advantage of these programs through your employer or union.
The next cohort of students will begin on August 14th for the Fall 2022 term. Applications are due no later than Friday, July 15th, 2022.Apply Now
Please contact Andrea.Nadeau@mitchellhamline.edu, Program Administrator, Health Law Institute.