J.D. Health Law Certificate
The Health Law Certificate combines coursework, experiential learning, and networking opportunities to provide you with knowledge, skills, and insight that show future employers you have significant understanding and practical application of health law concepts.
- Dedicated specialization and knowledge in health law regulation and policy
- Doctrinal Courses (8-9 credits)
- Experiential Learning (at least 2 credits)
- Required participation in 6 health law-related extracurricular activities exposes you to important topics and networking contacts
- Students must complete a substantial health law research paper
- Complements bar courses and recommended non-health law electives, ensuring you become a well-rounded, skilled lawyer
- Proven competitive edge in professional marketplace
J.D. Health Care Compliance Certificate*
Our health care compliance certification helps you to become an effective, ethical leader who can navigate the intersection of governing law and organizational management of a health care organization.
- 11- 14 credit program designed to be completed in one year
- Provides a thorough examination of governing laws and regulations
- Introduces students to industry leaders
- In-depth curriculum provides hands-on learning and interactive simulations
- Accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB). Mitchell Hamline is one of only a few institutions accredited by the CCB.
- Disclaimer: Health Law students are not eligible for the certificate(s) if they take a course pass/fail. All courses must have a grade that counts towards the final Health Law GPA.
*The Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) exam can be taken as soon as you complete the required courses. Students DO NOT need to wait until they graduate to sit for the CHC exam. Students should sit for the exam within one-year of the the date on their letter of completion to avoid Continuing Education Unit (CEU) renewal.Notice of Intent Form Requirements Checklist