Mitchell Hamline’s health law program is nationally ranked
Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, moot court competitions, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Certificates—online and on campus—expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers certificates that allow you to focus your legal education, and gain legal knowledge and skills, to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (11-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (10-12-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (for virtual visiting J.D. students, 11-credit curriculum)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate for Working Professionals (Completly online – 11 credits)
Faculty and Advisory Board help advance the Institute in the health care industry
Our Health Law Institute full-time and adjunct faculty members are committed to helping our students achieve their professional goals and the advancement of sound and progressive health law and policy reflecting the principles of equity, inclusion, and social justice. Our Advisory Board, comprised of diverse industry professionals, provides us with an invaluable perspective on issues and challenges related to health law practice and the health care needs of our community.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- 2020 HLI Highlights
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Upcoming Health Law EventsPosted October 23
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (April 2021)Posted May 19
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (March 2021)Posted May 19
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (February 2021)Posted May 19
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (January 2021)Posted March 8
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (December 2020)Posted March 8
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (November 2020)Posted January 14
- CLE Speaker SeriesPosted January 13
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (October 2020)Posted December 7
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (September 2020)Posted December 7
Follow the Health Law Institute
Subscribe to the newsletter
This quarterly newsletter includes information about upcoming events, courses, certificates, and student, faculty, and alumni news.