Mitchell Hamline’s health law program is nationally ranked
Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, moot court competitions, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Our certificate programs expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers multiple certificates that allow you to focus your legal education, and gain legal knowledge and skills, to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional. We have options for students to work completely online, blended, and on campus.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (11-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (10-12-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (for virtual visiting J.D. students, 11-credit curriculum)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate for Working Professionals (Completely online – 11 credits)
Our Faculty and Advisory Board help advance the Institute in the health care industry
Our Health Law Institute full-time and adjunct faculty members are committed to helping our students achieve their professional goals and the advancement of sound and progressive health law and policy reflecting the principles of equity, inclusion, and social justice. Our Advisory Board, comprised of diverse industry professionals, provides us with an invaluable perspective on issues and challenges related to health law practice and the health care needs of our community.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- Health Law Institute 2022 Highlights: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
Health Law Institute News and EventsSee All
- Health Law Institute Newsletter – March 2023Posted March 16
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – February 2023Posted March 15
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – January 2023Posted February 15
- Technology in Health CarePosted January 25
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – December 2022Posted January 17
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – November 2022Posted December 15
- Health Law Institute Newsletter – December 2022Posted December 6
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – October 2022Posted November 15
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – September 2022Posted October 18
- Food Insecurity SymposiumPosted September 29
Subscribe to our newsletter
Our quarterly newsletter includes information about upcoming events, courses, certificates, and news from students, faculty members, and alumni. It’s a great way to stay up to date and involved with the Health Law Institute!