Mitchell Hamline’s health law program is nationally ranked
Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Certificates—online and on campus—expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers certificates that allow you to focus your legal education, and gain legal knowledge and skills, to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (on campus, 11-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (on campus, 10-12-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (online for visiting students, 11-credit curriculum)
- Online Health Care Compliance Certificate (online, 11-credit curriculum for working professionals)
Faculty and advisory board help advance the Institute and the industry
Our core and adjunct faculty members are committed to students’ career advancement as well as the advancement of health law policy and the Health Law Institute. Our advisory board, comprised of industry professionals, provide us invaluable perspective on issues, challenges, and needs related to health law practice.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- 2019 HLI Highlights PDF
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Upcoming Health Law EventsPosted October 23
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (July 2019)Posted August 29
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (June 2019)Posted July 23
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (May 2019)Posted July 23
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (April 2019)Posted June 3
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (March 2019)Posted May 13
- Food Sustainability Seminar – May 17, 2019Posted April 30
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (February 2019)Posted March 28
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (January 2019)Posted March 28
- Health Law Faculty Accomplishments (December 2018)Posted January 16
Follow the Health Law Institute