Whether you are a J.D. student or a health care professional, our Health Law Institute gives you a deep understanding and real-life experience through specialized courses, certificates of study, moot court competitions, and experiential learning opportunities.
The institute bridges the gap between health law scholarship and policy through engagement, collaboration, and innovation. It is a hub for the health law community, providing programs, training, educational opportunities, events, and symposia for law students, attorneys, health care practitioners, and business professionals.
Ranked in the top health law programs by U.S. News & World Report. In 2023, the Health Law Institute was ranked #26 and given an A+ rating by preLaw.
Our certificate programs expand your health law expertise
The Health Law Institute offers multiple certificates that allow you to focus your legal education, and gain legal knowledge and skills, to benefit you as an attorney, health care practitioner, or business professional. We have options for students to work completely online, blended, and on campus.
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (11-14 credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Law Certificate (10-12-credit curriculum for J.D. students)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate (for virtual visiting J.D. students, 11-credit curriculum)
- Health Care Compliance Certificate for Working Professionals (Completely online – 11 credits)
Our Faculty and Advisory Board help advance the Institute in the health care industry
Our Health Law Institute full-time and adjunct faculty members are committed to helping our students achieve their professional goals and the advancement of sound and progressive health law and policy reflecting the principles of equity, inclusion, and social justice. Our Advisory Board, comprised of diverse industry professionals, provides us with an invaluable perspective on issues and challenges related to health law practice and the health care needs of our community.
- Leadership, Faculty, and Advisory Board
- Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- Health Law Institute 2022 Highlights: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- Public Health Law Center at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – October 2023Posted November 15
- Health Law Institute 2023 Highlights – Part OnePosted November 1
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – September 2023Posted October 16
- Health Care Fraud & Abuse – CLE EventPosted October 9
- Health Law Institute September 2023 NewsletterPosted September 18
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – August 2023Posted September 15
- Beyond Barriers, Beyond Binaries: Navigating Health and Legal Landscapes – All Gender Health 2023 ConferencePosted September 11
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – July 2023Posted August 15
- Health Law Faculty & Staff Accomplishments – June 2023Posted July 17
- Health Law Institute June 2023 NewsletterPosted June 20
Our quarterly newsletter includes information about upcoming events, courses, certificates, and news from students, faculty members, and alumni. It’s a great way to stay up to date and involved with the Health Law Institute!