Preparing students to succeed as business lawyers and business leaders
Students have the opportunity to earn certificates in law and business and must complete a rigorous course of study that incorporates foundational courses in business law, business principles and ethical problem solving, writing skills, practical experience through clinics and externships and engagement with the business and legal community through mentoring and networking.
The Center for Law and Business
- Attracts highly qualified and motivated students with a desire to establish, manage, or advise businesses
- Offers an integrated legal education that provides students with knowledge of business law and business principles as well as the skills and experiences to succeed in business
- Connects students with businesses and law firms to broaden and enhance the student’s career opportunities
- Presents business-related programs and resources that provide value to business leaders and business lawyers
Other law schools have programs that focus on business law. Mitchell Hamline’s Center for Law and Business goes beyond that by helping prepare students to become business lawyers as well as successful business professionals.
Introducing the Open Resource Tool
Contribute your ideas, innovations, research, and articles on the teaching of business and the law. Become a partner as a resource for law students and lawyers. Collaborate with us and have discussions with others.
Courses are available on a wide range of topics including accounting and finance, business strategy, planning and capitalization, compliance and risk management, taxation, business ethics and communications, organizational structure and governance and mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions.Curriculum
Mitchell Hamline’s Law and Business Certificate prepares J.D. students to become business leaders, business managers, and business lawyers.Certificate
News and EventsSee All
- The Center for Law and Business April 2023 ReportPosted April 20