Preparing students to succeed as business lawyers and business leaders
Students have the opportunity to earn certificates in law and business and must complete a rigorous course of study that incorporates foundational courses in business law, business principles and ethical problem solving, writing skills, practical experience through clinics and externships and engagement with the business and legal community through mentoring and networking.
The Center for Law and Business
- Attracts highly qualified and motivated students with a desire to establish, manage, or advise businesses
- Offers an integrated legal education that provides students with knowledge of business law and business principles as well as the skills and experiences to succeed in business
- Connects students with businesses and law firms to broaden and enhance the student’s career opportunities
- Presents business-related programs and resources that provide value to business leaders and business lawyers
Other law schools have programs that focus on business law. Mitchell Hamline’s Center for Law and Business goes beyond that by helping prepare students to become business lawyers as well as successful business professionals.
- Business-as-Usual Podcast with Professor John SonstengPosted March 27
- Minnesota State Bar Association Corporate Counsel Institute – March 9Posted March 5
- Business and IP Reception at Gray Plant MootyPosted February 22
- Business Focused Off the Record Career Conversations – Spring 2018Posted January 5
- United States v. Vascular Solutions: Regulation or Prosecution?Posted May 2