Completely online. Earn J.D. credit. Scholarships available.
Our Health Care Compliance Certificate is designed for law students interested in developing core-competencies in the growing field of health care compliance. Mitchell Hamline’s 11-credit program can be completed in just 11 months and will prepare you to skillfully lead and guide a health care organization through the complex maze of government laws and regulations, and champion an ethical corporate culture. Mitchell Hamline J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Our cohort model is designed to bring law students together as an interactive group to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Health Care Compliance Institute (Fall, 3 credits, prerequisite to all other courses)
- Governance and Ethics in Health Care Compliance (Spring, 2 credits)
- Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigating, and Reporting (Spring, 3 credits)
- Health Care Compliance Laws & Regulations (Summer, 3 credits, emphasis on HIPAA)
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes sections 136A.61 to 136A. 71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
This program is designed for law students interested in developing core competencies in the growing field of health care compliance.
- Students must be in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States.
- Per ABA rules, students must have taken no more than 4 online credits in order to complete this program.
- Students must apply with all requested deliverables.
Application deadline: July 12, 2019, for the cohort of students beginning in August 2019.Apply Now
Should you withdraw from the program on or before August 9, 2019, tuition will be refunded. If you withdraw after this date, you are responsible for the full summer course tuition. Students are not guaranteed the tuition and fee rates for more than one year. Mitchell Hamline reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements. For additional tuition information please email healthlawinstitute @mitchellhamline.edu
Please contact Barbara.Colombo @mitchellhamline.edu, Director, Health Care Compliance Program