Preparing students to succeed as business lawyers and business leaders
The mission of the Center for Law and Business is to provide students with the practical experience and knowledge to become successful legal and business professionals after graduation.
William Mitchell College of Law and Hamline University School of Law had long histories of providing a curriculum in law and business for students. The combination of the two schools has blended the best of both programs and the Center for Law and Business at Mitchell Hamline is committed to providing law students with the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to succeed as business leaders, business managers, and business lawyers.
Students have the opportunity to earn certificates in law and business and must complete a rigorous course of study that incorporates foundational courses in business law, business principles and ethical problem solving, writing skills, practical experience through clinics and externships and engagement with the business and legal community through mentoring and networking.
The Center for Law and Business
- Attracts highly qualified and motivated students with a desire to establish, manage, or advise businesses
- Offers an integrated legal education that provides students with knowledge of business law and business principles as well as the skills and experiences to succeed in business
- Connects students with businesses and law firms to broaden and enhance the student’s career opportunities
- Presents business-related programs and resources that provide value to business leaders and business lawyers
Other law schools have programs that focus on business law. Mitchell Hamline’s Center for Law and Business goes beyond that by helping prepare students to become business lawyers as well as successful business professionals.
- American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers – writing competitionPosted August 22
- JD Advantage Jobs in BusinessPosted November 19
- Cooperative Law 101Posted February 6
- Networking: Outside the Happy HourPosted January 29
- Students pitch business plans to investors in mock ‘Shark Tank’Posted November 19