All users of Mitchell Hamline School of Law’s network facilities and learning management systems are expected to be familiar with the policies outlined in the Information and Technology Use and Educational Facilities Policy and consequences of violation, and to comply with copyright law.
To Report a Copyright Complaint
As required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we have designated the following individual for notification of alleged potential copyright infringement on websites, network facilities or course management systems under the mitchellhamline.edu domain. We encourage you to contact our agent if you believe your copyrighted work is being infringed on a Mitchell Hamline School of Law site.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law’s registered agent is: Andrew Allen, Manager of Information Technology, 875 Summit Ave, St. Paul, MN 55105; Phone 651-90-6462; Fax 651-290-6318; email@example.com.
If you believe a website, network facility, or course management system under the mitchellhamline.edu domain infringes a copyright, please provide the following information to the person identified above, pursuant to section 512 of the Copyright Act of 1976:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or authorized agent;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
3. Identification of the material that is alleged to be infringing or is the subject of the allegedly infringing activity that you desire to have removed, or have access to which disabled;
4. Information that is specific and sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
5. The following contact information: mailing address, telephone number, E-mail address;
6. A statement that the copyright owner or its authorized agent has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and made under penalty of perjury, and, if an agent is providing the notification, a statement that the agent is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For more information on U.S. Copyright Law and the DMCA visit www.copyright.gov.