Summer 2017 Registration
Registration for summer 2017 is open. Course schedules are available at https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/inquiries/courselist.aspx. Institute courses may also be viewed on the institute web pages.
Your personal registration day and time will be posted on the Demographics page of your Student Account at https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/registrarlogin.aspx no later than 10:00 AM on Tuesday, March 21.
The last day to add or drop summer courses online is May 15, 2017. After May 15, students may still drop or add until 48 hours before the start of the course by completing an Add/Drop form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. Wait lists will continue to be processed until the start of the course. Students who drop after May 15 and before the start of class will incur a $150 per credit penalty. Students may not drop or add after the start of the course.
Due to ABA standards and federal credit hour regulations: during the summer term, students may register for no more than 8 credits scheduled at any one time, and a total of no more than 15 credits. For example, if a student enrolls in 8 credits during the 8-week summer session, he or she may enroll in up to 7 additional credits as long as the additional credits, or hours completed to earn those credits, are entirely outside the 7-week session. Externships and publications count toward the 15 credit limit, but do not count toward the 8 credits at a time limit. Students who exceed these limits will be dropped from all courses.
The ABA mandates that a law school shall not enroll a student in online courses for credit until that student has completed 28 credit hours toward the J.D. degree. Do not register for online courses unless you have will have earned 28 credits by the start of summer term.
Fall 2017 Registration
Fall 2017 registration will open April 24. Courses are online here https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/inquiries/courselist.aspx.
Registration priority for fall will be loaded into student records ahead of registration opening–at that point, all registration will be turned off, including changes to summer. When students’ registration time for fall comes up, students will be able to drop and add fall and summer courses until the drop/add deadlines. Students who need to drop or add summer courses while registration is turned off may use a Drop/Add form or simply wait until it reopens.
Add/Drop/Withdraw deadlines for Fall 2017 are
- August 23 for Day/Evening Students
- August 17 for Continuing Weekend Students
- August 27 for Hybrid Students
Preparation for Registration
- Online Registration Instructions
- Tuition Refund Schedule
- Pathways to the Profession of Law™
- Academic Calendars (for term start and end dates)
- JD Requirements
- 2017-2018 Course Frequency Plan-Required and Bar Courses (PDF)
Registering for classes
Wait list information
If you are placed on a wait list for a course, you will receive an email when a seat becomes available. To accept the seat, you will need to do the following:
- Drop any courses, if necessary, which create a time conflict with the course you are being offered a seat in,
- Ensure you will not be registered for more than the maximum credits allowed per semester (3 credits in the J-term, 15 credits in summer but no more than 8 classroom credits at one time, and 15 credits in the fall or spring semester) by accepting the offered seat,
- Verify you’ve met any applicable pre-requisites,
- Log in to your student record and add the course before the date and time specified in the email. To do this:
- Go to My Schedule
- Choose the appropriate term
- Click Accept WT for the available course
- Click Confirm.
- If you do not log in and add the course before the deadline above, your place on the wait list will be forfeited and the available seat will be offered to the next student on the wait list. The course will be removed from your schedule, and will no longer be visible in your My Schedule page.
Specific course instructions
- Registering for Clinics and Externships
- Registering for Competitions
- Registering for Independent Research
Registration-Add/Drop policies for current students are in the Student Handbook (Current Students; Chapter 3, Section 5).
Need Help Registering?
Check out our FAQ page
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statures sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.