J-term 2018 Registration
Registration for J-term will open November 9-10. Course schedules are available at https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/inquiries/courselist.aspx. Institute courses may also be viewed on the institute web pages.
Your personal registration day and time will be posted on the Demographics page of your Student Account at https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/registrarlogin.aspx no later than 5 PM November 6.
The last day to add or drop J-term courses online is December 18, 2017. After that date, students may still drop or add until 48 hours before the start of the course by completing an Add/Drop form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. Wait lists will continue to be processed until the start of the course. Students who drop after December 18 and before the start of class will incur a $150 per credit penalty. Students may not drop or add after the start of the course.
Due to ABA standards and federal credit hour regulations: students may register for no more than 3 credits in J-term. If you register for more, you will be dropped.
The ABA mandates that a law school shall not enroll a student in online courses for credit until that student has completed 28 credit hours toward the J.D. degree. Do not register for online courses unless you have will have earned 28 credits by the start of summer term.
Spring 2018 Registration
Spring 2018 registration will open November 9-10. Courses are online here https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/inquiries/courselist.aspx.
Add/Drop deadlines for spring 2018 are
- January 24 for Day/Evening courses
- January 18 for Continuing Weekend courses
- January 21 for Hybrid courses (This includes online elective courses offered through the Hybrid program, and applies to all students–even on-campus students–enrolled in Hybrid program courses)
- January 21 for Executive JD courses
- Clinics, externships, and some other skills courses have an earlier drop deadline. Please see notes on course listings.
Preparation for Registration
- Online Registration Instructions
- Tuition Refund Schedule
- Pathways to the Profession of Law™
- Academic Calendars (for term start and end dates)
- JD Requirements
- 2017-2018 Course Frequency Plan-Required and Bar Courses (PDF)
Registering for classes
Wait list information
If you are placed on a wait list for a course, you will receive an email when a seat becomes available. To accept the seat, you will need to do the following:
- Drop any courses, if necessary, which create a time conflict with the course you are being offered a seat in,
- Ensure you will not be registered for more than the maximum credits allowed per semester (3 credits in the J-term, 10 credits in summer, and 15 credits in the fall or spring semester) by accepting the offered seat,
- Verify you’ve met any applicable pre-requisites,
- Accept the seat by reply to the notification email before the date and time specified in the email.
- If you fail to reply before the deadline above, your place on the wait list will be forfeited and the available seat will be offered to the next student on the wait list. The course will be removed from your schedule, and will no longer be visible in your My Schedule page.
Specific course instructions
- Registering for Clinics and Externships
- Registering for Competitions
- Registering for Independent Research
Registration-Add/Drop policies for current students are in the Student Handbook (Current Students; Chapter 3, Section 5).
Need Help Registering?
Check out our FAQ page
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statures sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.