J-Term 2019 Registration
The J-Term schedule is live:
Registration for J-Term 2019 will open November 19. Your personal registration day and time based on credits earned will be posted on the Demographics page of your Student Account at https://agresso.mitchellhamline.edu/information/registrarlogin.aspx
Some things to know before registering for J-Term:
The last day to add or drop J-Term courses online is December 15, 2018. After December 15, students may still drop until 48 hours before the start of the course by completing a Request to Add/Withdraw Classes form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. Students who drop after December 15 and before the start of class will incur a $150 per credit penalty.
Students who withdraw after the start of the course will owe full tuition.
Students may add until the start of the course using a Request to Add/Withdraw Classes form. Please note that the request form will not override holds, time conflicts, or credit maximums. Be sure you are able to take the course before submitting the form. Students may not drop or add after the start of the course.
Due to ABA standards and federal credit hour regulations, students may register for no more than 3 credits in J-Term. Students who exceed these limits will be dropped from all courses.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law rules state that students may not enroll in online courses until that student has completed 28 credit hours toward the J.D. degree. Do not register for online courses unless you have will have earned 28 credits by the start of J-Term.
Spring 2019 Registration
Spring 2019 registration will open November 19. The course schedule is live:
Add/Drop deadlines for Spring 2019 are
- January 28 for Day/Evening courses
- January 18 for Traditional Weekend courses
- January 25 for Blended Weekend courses
- January 26 for Hybrid courses (This includes online elective courses offered through the Hybrid program, and applies to all students–even on-campus students–enrolled in Hybrid program courses)
- January 19 for Executive JD courses
- Clinics, externships, and some other skills courses have an earlier drop deadline. Please see notes on course listings.
Pay attention to the term dates! Day/Evening, Weekend, Blended Weekend, Hybrid, and EJD have different term dates. If you register across enrollment options, your courses will have different semester starts and your classes may begin several days apart.
Preparation for Registration
- Online Registration Instructions
- Tuition Refund Schedule
- Pathways to the Profession of Law™
- Field Placement Opportunities
- Academic Calendars (for term start and end dates)
- JD Requirements
- 2017-2018 Course Frequency Plan-Required and Bar Courses (PDF)
Registering for classes
Wait list information
If you are placed on a wait list for a course, you will receive an email when a seat becomes available. To accept the seat, you will need to do the following:
- Drop any courses, if necessary, which create a time conflict with the course you are being offered a seat in,
- Ensure you will not be registered for more than the maximum credits allowed per semester (3 credits in the J-term, 10 credits in summer, and 15 credits in the fall or spring semester) by accepting the offered seat,
- Verify you’ve met any applicable pre-requisites,
- Accept the seat by reply to the notification email before the date and time specified in the email.
- If you fail to reply before the deadline above, your place on the wait list will be forfeited and the available seat will be offered to the next student on the wait list. The course will be removed from your schedule, and will no longer be visible in your My Schedule page.
Specific course instructions
- Registering for Clinics and Externships
- Registering for Competitions
- Registering for Independent Research
Registration-Add/Drop policies for current students are in the Student Handbook (Current Students; Chapter 3, Section 5).
Need Help Registering?
Check out our FAQ page
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statures sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.