It’s almost that time of year again: Finals.
As you edit your outlines and start doing practice problems, don’t forget that the Library has resources to help.
One resource the Library has? Study aids. Study aids are used to help you enhance your understanding of concepts taught in the classroom. While your notes and professor’s explanations should always be your primary source of information, study aids can help supplement your understanding and help you test your knowledge.
This week we are highlighting the Skills & Values series.
The Skills & Values series are study aids that incorporate legal and analytical skills into the substantive area of law.
Each chapter includes a short introduction of the topic area followed by a series of problems and exercises that address the analytical components of the topic. The exercises are set in different practice areas that you might encounter as a lawyer. These exercises help reinforce your knowledge of the law and at the same time help connect your classroom studies with real-life problems.
The Library has Skills & Values available both in print and digitally.
The print editions are located in the Lower Level stacks. If you would like help finding a copy, or would like to check one out remotely, don’t hesitate to ask! Email email@example.com for more information.
To access digital copies:
- Sign in to Canvas
- Select the Online Study Aids course
- Select Lexis Digital Study Aids Library and follow the log in instructions noted on the Canvas page
The Lexis Digital Study Aids Library lets you:
- Access the eBooks on or off campus
- eBooks can be checked out for 14 days with unlimited renewals
- No limit on concurrent users – every student taking Torts, for example, could check out the same study aid title
- Read eBooks online or offline
- Highlight and annotate text – this are preserved as long as you renew/check out eBooks in the same format.
- Access eBooks on desktop, iOS, or Android devices