At this time study carrels are unavailable for reservation. Students may use them as study spaces with the understanding that any personal items left in the carrels will removed daily by the library staff or facilities crew. All existing carrel policies and guidelines (listed below) remain in effect. The reservation policy will be evaluated during the semester in terms of demand and evolving COVID protocols.
Guidelines for Study Carrel Use
- All Covid-19 protocols will be followed during this time.
- Light snacks (i.e. nuts, crackers, protein bars, etc.) are allowed in study carrels if they are kept in tightly sealed containers. No perishable food should be left in containers that are opened and unattended- including beverages. Please also refrain from leaving soiled dishes in your study carrel. Dishes left unattended in a study carrel for more than 24 hours will likely be discarded.
- You are responsible for maintaining the study carrel assigned to you. Anti-bacterial wipes will be made available with the expectation that carrels will be wiped down after each use.
- Study carrels are located on “quiet floors” and every effort should be made on your part to respect your fellow student’s “right” to a silent workspace.
- Out of respect for social distancing please use only the study carrel assigned to you.