Judge Donovan Frank ’77 (HUSL) will be honored with an “Outstanding Service to the Profession” award at Minnesota Lawyer’s 2017 Attorneys of the Year award ceremony in February in Minneapolis. The award is given annually to recognize attorneys for their service and sacrifice on behalf of Minnesota’s justice system.
Frank, known for his work on behalf of people with disabilities, is a senior U.S. district judge for the District of Minnesota and has served as a federal judge for nearly two decades.
Frank is among two dozen members of Mitchell Hamline’s alumni community who are being honored with individual, group, and partner awards from Minnesota Lawyer.
- Kenneth Udoibok ’95 (WMCL) Kenneth Ubong Udoibok
- Angela B. Brandt ’99 (HUSL) Larson King
- Patrick M. Arenz ’06 (WMCL) Robins Kaplan
- Kevin Riach ’08 (WMCL) Fredrikson & Byron
- Marsh J. Halberg ’79 (HUSL) Halberg Criminal Defense
- Eric Magnuson ’76 (WMCL) Robins Kaplan
- Courtney S. LeNeave ’87 (WMCL) Huengs LeNeave & Kvas
- Gov. Dayton’s Legal Team, including Sam Hanson ’65 (WMCL)
- Syngenta Legal Team, including Aram Desteian ’14 (WMCL), Karla Gluek ’93 (WCML), William R. Sieben ’77 (WMCL), and Alicia Sieben Ploeger ’09 (WMCL)
- White Bear Lake Legal Team, including Katie Crosby Lehmann ’95 (WCML) and Daniel L. Scott ’93 (WMCL)
- Friedlander Legal Team, including Clayton D. Halunen ’91 (HUSL), and Steven Andrew Smith ’95 (WMCL)
- University of Minnesota Student Legal Service Team, including Linda Aaker ’79 (HUSL), Barbara Becker ’85 (WMCL), Adam Elling ’11 (WCML), and Karmen McQuitty ’07 (HUSL)
- Brian F. Corey ’82 (WMCL) Briggs & Morgan
- Mai Neng Moua ’07 (WMCL) Mai N. Moua Law Office
- Chris Messerly ’86 (HUSL) and Elizabeth Fors ’16 (MHSL) Robins Kaplan