The purpose of the Parents Attending Law School (PALS) organization is:
Parents Attending Law School (PALS) is a support group and student organization open to all students enrolled at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. It is primarily focused on the needs of students with children or future parents. Law school is challenging enough as it is–and for parents, peer-to-peer support is critical to maintaining mental and emotional health and wellbeing. Our goal is to provide academic, emotional, and professional support to students throughout the academic year. In the spirit of community and accessibility, all PALS events will be family friendly.
2023-2024 PALS Officers
- Serena Nguyen – President
- Melanie Tawil – Vice President/Secretary
- Lauren Brown – Treasurer
- *Student Representatives: This is new for the 2023-2024 year. These individuals will be available to bring any concerns from your representative section regarding juggling caretaking while pursuing a JD. Since the majority of our members are Blended students we will only have 1 brick and mortar representative on campus. The BAM representative will also be responsible for representing PALS on campus at student organization fairs & distributing information about events. Blended student representatives will be determined in the Fall after start of the term.
- BAM Student Representative
- 3L Blended Student Representative
- 2L Blended Student Representative
- 1L Blended Student Representative
- Faculty Advisor: Gregory Duhl