Themis Resources at Mitchell Hamline
Mitchell Hamline has partnered with Themis to offer our students resources to help them with their law school classes, the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE), and the bar exam. The cost for these Themis resources is billed as part of the Integrated Bar Readiness Fee for a total of six semesters.
The Integrated Bar Readiness Program Fee pays for providing students with a wealth of tools, resources, and services to learn the skills and substance we teach as part of the J.D. program.
- All currently enrolled students will receive the following products and services:
- Law School Essentials First-Year. This includes concise black letter law outlines, on-demand substantive lectures with handouts, and mini-assessments in the following subjects: Civil Procedure, Contracts, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Real Property, and Torts. There is also the capability to create electronic flashcards.
- Law School Essentials Upper-Level. This includes concise black letter law outlines, on-demand substantive lectures with handouts, and mini-assessments in the following subjects: Corporations, Criminal Procedure, Evidence, and Wills and Trusts. There is also the capability to create electronic flashcards.
- The UWorld Learning Platform. This includes over 1,900 practice multiple-choice questions. The vast majority of the questions are licensed MBE questions from the National Conference of Bar Examiners® (NCBE®) released for previous exams. The remaining questions are UWorld-drafted and designed to fill the topical gaps in the NCBE-released questions. Each question is accompanied by an innovative, content-rich rationale, paired with images, charts, hyperlinks, and/or definitions. These rationales are unmatched in the industry and thoroughly guide students through the legal reasoning for the correct and incorrect answer choices. There are various questions banks for students and professors. There is also the capability to create electronic flashcards.
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) Review course. This includes a concise black letter law outline for the Model Rules of Professional Conduct, online expert lecture with assessment questions and accompanying interactive and printed lecture handout, hundreds of practice MPRE questions with detailed answer explanations; and two 60-question practice MPREs with answer explanations. There is also the capability to create electronic flashcards.
- Integration of Themis Materials into Courses. Professors teaching bar-tested subjects will be able to integrate Themis materials into their courses if they would like. Also, Themis materials will be integrated into the Legal Methods course and the Bar Prep Strategies: MBE & MEE course delivered from Academic Excellence.
- Themis Commercial Bar Review course with dedicated counselor. This is Themis’ post-graduation bar review course. This includes the following:
- Engaging and short substantive lectures along with assessment questions for each lecture
- Adaptive Calendar™ which keeps students on track with a daily, sequential learning path that adjusts based on progress to ensure complete coverage from day 1 to the bar exam. Students also have access to Themis’s Flexible Study mode
- Study Pacer™ which provides a visual representation of student progress and works with Adaptive Calendar™
- Over 3,600 MBE practice questions that closely resemble what is on the actual bar exam, including close to 1,375 licensed NCBE questions. All questions include full explanations and answers
- Four simulated exams, including two mini-MBE practice exams and one full simulated MBE practice exam
- UWorld Qbank which allows students to create personalized practice quizzes and flashcards
- Electronic flashcards
- MBE Performance Analytics
- Licensed Multistate/State-specific essay exam questions
- Eight assigned graded essays and unlimited essay grading beyond that
- MBE Skills Workshops
- MEE Writing Skills Workshops
- MPT Workshop
- Dedicated state director, attorney advisor, and essay grader – three-person team dedicated to providing individualized guidance and support throughout the course
- Printed books (online books available at no additional cost, printed books cost $30 for shipping) containing comprehensive outlines, final review outlines, and practice questions and simulated exams
How to get started
- You will receive an email from Themis to set up your account login and password.
- If you do not receive this email, please reach out to our Themis Liaison, Taylor Williams, at Taylor.Williams@themisbar.com
- Step 1 – Go to www.themisbar.com
- Step 2 – Sign In
- Step 3 – Go to Law School
- Step 4 – Launch Law School Essentials First Year Review
- Step 6 – Click on “Outlines” and select the subject you’re looking for.
- Step 7 – For questions or issues, reach out to our Themis Liaison, Taylor Williams, at Taylor.Williams@themisbar.com
How to make the most of your Themis resources
- Utilize black letter law outlines and on-demand substantive lectures with handouts available at www.themisbar.com BEFORE you read for class to create a big picture framework and increase your efficiency when reading.
- Law School Essentials First-Year
- Law School Essentials Upper-Level
- Utilize black letter law outlines, on-demand substantive lectures with handouts, digital flashcards, and mini-assessments available at www.themisbar.com AFTER class to help you understand things that still aren’t clear and to help organize and prepare your written outline of your course.
- Utilize flashcards and multiple-choice questions after reading, attending class, and outlining to test your understanding and fill-in gaps.
- Law School Essentials First-Year
- Law School Essentials Upper-Level
- Utilize courses for the MPRE and bar exam when the time comes to take these exams.
Frequently asked questions
What if I take eight semesters to graduate, will I have to pay the fee for eight semesters?No. No student will have to pay the fee for more than six semesters.
I already bought a Themis course. Now what?Per our contract, you will receive a full refund for your Themis course, so you can get the benefit of this institutional partnership and deal.
I have been tabling for Themis in exchange for a free course. Now what?Per our contract, you will receive some other form of compensation from Themis other than a free course, so you can get the benefit of this institutional partnership and deal.
I heard that Themis does not have a commercial bar review course in every jurisdiction. What if I am taking the bar in a jurisdiction where Themis does not have a commercial bar review course?
Themis offers a commercial bar review course in all US jurisdictions and US Territories except Wisconsin, South Dakota, Louisiana, Delaware, Mississippi, and Puerto Rico. Themis will begin offering a commercial bar review course in Wisconsin and South Dakota for the July 2022 bar exam. Per our contract, any student who will be taking the bar in a jurisdiction where Themis does not offer a commercial bar review course is entitled to a full refund of all Integrated Bar Readiness fees paid after July 1, 2021.
My friend who already graduated from Mitchell Hamline really wants Themis, but they had to get Kaplan. What can you do?Per our contract, alumni who graduated summer 2021 or earlier are not part of this contract, but they are eligible to purchase a Themis course at a discounted rate. Your friend should email Dean Sonbol and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about Themis – Email Taylor.Williams@themisbar.com