Career Outreach Coordinator
The Student Intellectual Property Law Association (SIPLA) is dedicated to providing students with a greater understanding of the opportunities available in the rapidly expanding areas of copyright, patent, trademark, and trade secret law.
The purposes of SIPLA shall include, but are not limited to:
- educating Mitchell Hamline School of Law students beyond formal classroom instruction;
- promoting voluntary participation in social and extracurricular activities;
- supporting participation in scholastic competitions, seminars, colloquiums, and discussion groups; and
- promoting the visibility of the society’s interest, understanding, competence, and experience regarding intellectual property law.
The activities of SIPLA shall include, but are not limited to:
- hosting speakers, debates, and conferences on current issues in intellectual property law;
- carrying out research and pro bono projects for attorneys and organizations involved in intellectual property litigation, legislation, and policy;
- networking with students at other law schools, colleges, and universities who are pursuing interests in intellectual property;
- conducting educational events such as information tables and video/DVD screenings on pertinent IP-related issues, academic advising and exam workshops; and
- hosting the annual “Evening With the IP Professionals” event in the spring semester.
- providing career development workshops such as resume workshops, cover letter workshops.