What the !#%$ is Bloomberg Law?
Bloomberg Law is a comprehensive legal research database containing many primary law materials, including federal and state laws, regulations, court decisions, and dockets; extensive legal news and analysis; and topic-based legal practice centers.
Bloomberg Law particularly excels in legal news and current awareness coverage, access to dockets, and their various legal practice centers, including:
- Banking & Finance
- Benefits & Executive Compensation
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Patents & Trade Secrets
- Privacy & Data Security
- Tech & Telecom
- Trademarks & Copyright
To access Bloomberg Law, students can set up an account at https://profile.bna.com/bloomberglaw-activate/. You must use your Mitchell Hamline email address to register. If you have any questions or need help registering for Bloomberg Law, please reach out to your friendly reference librarians! We love questions!
How do I access Bloomberg?
- Go to the Library website
- Click on Databases A-Z under the Legal Research Resources section
- Select “B” at the top of the page, and then select Bloomberg Law