It’s time for another #StudyAidsSunday!
Study aids are used to help you enhance your understanding of concepts taught in the classroom. While your notes and professor’s explanations should always be your primary source of information, study aids can help supplement your understanding and help you test your knowledge. And you can access many through the Library!
This week we are highlighting the Understanding series.
What is the “Understanding” series? The Understanding series are treatises designed to help law students grasp the fundamental concepts of various areas of law. They are good at providing an overview and analysis of legal subjects, which can be helpful throughout the semester and before exams!
The Library has Understanding titles available both in print and digitally.
The newest print editions are available in the Library’s Reserve Collection. To check one of these out, just ask at the Circulation Desk. All reserve copies are available for 2-hour check outs. Older editions, located in the Lower Level stacks, can be checked out for longer. If you would like help finding a copy, or would like to check one out remotely, don’t hesitate to ask! Email email@example.com for more information.
To access digital copies:
- Sign in to Canvas
- Select the Online Study Aids course
- Select Lexis Digital Study Aids Library and follow the log in instructions noted on the Canvas page
The Lexis Digital Study Aids Library lets you:
- Access the eBooks on or off campus
- eBooks can be checked out for 14 days with unlimited renewals
- No limit on concurrent users – every student taking Torts, for example, could check out the same study aid title
- Read eBooks online or offline
- Highlight and annotate text – this are preserved as long as you renew/check out eBooks in the same format.
- Access eBooks on desktop, iOS, or Android devices