Participate in a job shadow with an attorney
Spend time shadowing an attorney and learn from the experience for a half day or whole day. This can be in a variety of locations: in the courtroom with a judge or attorney, at a deposition, conference calls with clients, shadowing an attorney during the day, meeting with an attorney to discuss what they do for their clients, etc. It gives students a chance to experience a day-in-the-life in the legal field. Students have the opportunity to build their resumes with industry-specific experience, expand their professional network, and identify the skills necessary to succeed in the legal field.
This Job Shadow Program provides an opportunity for students to explore firsthand a career in the law. Students participating in this program will be paired with an attorney or judge and will be able to shadow them during spring break.
The Ramsey County Attorney’s Office Fall and Spring Job Shadow Program is an opportunity to connect with attorneys and judges in Ramsey County. We will post an announcement about the program when the sign-up period begins each year.
From participating in this program students will be able to:
- Interact with professionals and learn skills needed to be successful in that occupation
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at daily work activities involved in that occupation
- Enhance their academic experience
Employers participating in this program will be able to:
- Impart to a future generation of lawyers the skills needed to be successful
- Identify students who could be candidates for your internship or externship positions
- Develop a working relationship with attorneys