Summer 2020 in London
As you prepare for your upcoming study abroad program, please review the current Europe Travel Alert updated by the Department of State. There is no specific threat for England, but a general reminder of the continuing threats throughout Europe, and in fact the entire world, these days.
London Summer School 2020
Mitchell Hamline School of Law in collaboration with University of Greenwich School-Law and Criminology
Course I—Doing Deals Across the World: Advising Global Entrepreneurs (3 credits)
Monday, June 8 – Thursday, June 11 and Monday, June 15 – Thursday, June 18, 2020
Course II—Can They Stay or Must They Go: Comparative Analysis of Immigration and Asylum Law – Procedures and Practice (3 credits)
Tuesday, June 23 – Friday, June 26 and Tuesday, June 30 – Friday, July 3, 2020
Students may register for one or both courses.
The London courses are comprised of a combination of lectures, class discussion, and extensive small group break-out sessions that require hands-on practical application of topics under discussion. You’ll have ample time to discuss and learn the law, see, and learn the law from many other perspectives. Classes are in session from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm with the lunch break from 12:30 – 1:00, giving you plenty of time to travel, explore, and experience all that England has to offer.
The London Summer School faculty bring real-life, international experience to the classroom. The professors teach at Mitchell Hamline School of Law and University of Greenwich in London.
Tuition must be paid to Mitchell Hamline School of Law by 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Mitchell Hamline distributes summer loans 10 days before the program begins. If you are not a Mitchell Hamline student, check with your school about loan distribution. If you have questions, please contact Professor Sonsteng at email@example.com or 612-702-1024.
Classes will be held at University of Greenwich, Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, London SE10 9LS, UK.
In addition to classes, you’ll enjoy a walking tour of Legal London and Historical Greenwich, receptions, and fish and chips at a nearby pub.
Deluxe Apartments – Student Housing in Greenwich
You’ll enjoy comfortable accommodations in a one, two or three-bedroom flat a 5 minute walk from campus. A one bedroom flat houses 3 students. A two bedroom flat houses 4 students. A three bedroom flat on two levels, with 2 bathrooms, houses 6 students.
IMPORTANT: Mitchell Hamline School of Law has reserved a block of rooms for students who elect to use the student housing. Mitchell Hamline School of Law pays the full balance for rooms actually reserved.
Students who cancel a room they have previously reserved must do so by March 20, 2020, or the student WILL BE LIABLE for the FULL HOUSING COST, whether or not they attend the program.
Housing: Housing fees for those taking the International Comparative Law: Business and Immigration courses are due and payable in full U.S. dollars to Mitchell Hamline School of Law by 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Mitchell Hamline distributes summer loans 10 days before the program begins. If you are not a Mitchell Hamline student, check with your school about loan distribution. If you have questions, please contact Professor Sonsteng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-702-1024.
Address: 224A Trafalgar Road, London, UK, SE10 9ER.
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. the Saturday before your course begins and check-out time is by 10:00 a.m. the Saturday after your course ends.
Student Housing Features:
- A one bedroom flat houses 3 students: 2 single sofa beds in living room, 1 double bed in bedroom, single sofa bed in bedroom.
- A two bedroom flat houses 4 students: 1 double bed in each bedroom, 2 sofa beds in living room.
- A three bedroom flat on two levels, with 2 bathrooms, houses 6 students: 1 double bed in each bedroom. 1 sofa bed in one bedroom, 2 sofa beds in living room.
- In kitchens and flats, pots, pans, dishes, and flatware are provided.
- There is a washing machine in each flat.
- Bed linens and towels will be provided.
- Toilet paper will NOT be provided.
- Cleaners will be provided once a week for each flat including: bathrooms, bedrooms, and communal areas.
- Properties operate a strict no smoking policy. A penalty fee of GBP 200 may be charged to guests who smoke in the property.
- There will be a 10% discount on the ground floor restaurant and other restaurants nearby.
- There will be an emergency contact person who will be available between 8 am and 12 midnight from Monday to Sunday.
- Student housing is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
Student Housing: Course I: $770; Course II: $770.
Registration deadline is March 20, 2020
Admission to International Comparative Law: Business and Immigration is limited and will be on a first come, first served basis.
Student applicants must complete the online PDF registration form, print it, sign it, and mail it to Jennifer Miller, Mitchell Hamline School of Law with:
- A $150 non-refundable application fee (checks payable to Mitchell Hamline School of Law)
- A letter of good standing from your home law school (or have it mailed directly from your registrar to Jennifer Miller at Mitchell Hamline)
Note: You will not be considered registered until all materials have been received by the administrator.2020 Registration Form
Complete, print, sign, and mail with the non-refundable $150 application fee
Mail Registration Materials To:
Mitchell Hamline School of Law
Mitchell Hamline in London
875 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-3076
Attn: Jennifer Miller
Terms of Enrollment
Students are required to read the Terms of Enrollment before applying.
Students may register for one or both courses. Enrollment is limited. Placement will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
See Terms of Enrollment 2020 for details about the following:
- Tuition and fees
- Financial aid
- Grading and credits
- Cancellation or changes in the program
- International transportation
- Other provisions
- Liability schedules for tuition and housing fees