The following are the minimum computer recommendations for computers connecting to the college network:
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5 (eighth generation or newer) or equivalent
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 512 GB internal storage drive
Monitor/Display: 14″ LCD monitor, resolution of 1600 x 900 or better.
Network Adapter: 802.11ac 2.4/5 GHz wireless adapter
Other: Internal or external Webcam, Warranty (w/accidental damage coverage) lock, carrying case, external hard drive for backups
Intel Core i5
8 GB RAM
250 GB Hard Drive
OS X 10.7 (Lion)
802.11b/g/n on laptops (802.11n standard on all new models)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Bag to protect laptop, if applicable
120 GB Backup Storage
Educational discounted computers
Dell, Apple, and more:
Student laptops should have an installed Antivirus software.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law technicians are Dell certified
The technical support staff at Mitchell Hamline is certified to repair Dell workstations and laptops within their original or extended warranty cycle. There is no charge for this service. This is a great way to get full‐service for your laptop while avoiding the frustration and inconvenience of help desk phone lines.
To use this service:
- Purchase a Dell laptop with a warranty.
- Go to Room IT Helpdesk or call (651) 290‐6411
- A technician will troubleshoot the issue. If there is a faulty part that is covered by the warranty, the technician will remove the part and order a replacement.
- Parts that need to be ordered will arrive in one or two days (depending on their availability at the manufacturer). A technician will install the new hardware as required and run system diagnostics to ensure that the laptop is working properly.
- If you would like more information, please contact us at IT@mitchellhamline.edu or call 651‐290‐6411.