Logging Into the Copier
You will be able to login to your printing account using a variety of methods. Depending on your setup, it will initially be through an ID card or PIN code.
You will receive an email with a unique PIN code.
The first time you scan your Mitchell Hamline ID you will be prompted for a Card Registration Code. This will be your PIN code. Enter your PIN code when prompted to register your ID card. Once this has been done, you can login to any copier simply by swiping your ID card.
Printing Your Job
Once logged in to your printing account, select the [SECURE PRINT] button on the main menu of the copier to display items in your queue.
Using the touch screen, select individual jobs to display options. Print or delete options are available at the bottom of the Secure Print window.
To print ALL jobs, press Select All, then Print + Keep or Print + Delete.
Unprinted jobs will remain in the queue for one week. Jobs that you have been printed and kept will be held for 10 hours.
Select the [Scan] button to access the scan options. The most common option is Scan to Myself which sends a PDF copy directly to your email address.
When you reach the scan options page, press the Start button to scan your document, then the [Next] button to complete the scan.
There is no charge for scanning, but a Mitchell Hamline network login is required to operate the scanners. Scanned documents are mailed to the student’s mitchellhamline.edu email address.
- Select Copy from the main menu page or shortcut bar on the left to access the copy function.
- Select Finishing for Staple/collate/group options.
- Select 2-Sided to do 1 side to 2 sides OR 2 sides to 2 sides. Select Color to choose from B & W to Auto Color Select.
- Select Color to choose from B & W to Auto Color Select. Color copiers are available in the Document Services Center and outside Room 335 (near Hachey Commons)
- Select Options to go to the “Advanced Features” for making booklets/adding covers/frame erase/page numbering/job build etc.
Returning to the Main Menu
At any time, pressing the Main Menu from the left side bar will take you back to the main menu screen.
Please contact the Circulation staff (651.290.6333 or email@example.com) in the library if you need further assistance.
Accessing your Online Print Dashboard
Login by selecting the >[Mitchell Hamline Login]button. Use your Mitchell Hamline username and pass- word to login.
Use the “Online Dashboard” to:
- Submit a document for printing
- Apply funds to your print account (Add the “My Budget” widget to your dashboard and then select [Add Funds])
- Download the print client to your PC, Mac, Chromebook or Smart
- Look up your PIN
To find your pin code click on the three dots to the right of the PIN field in the “Identities” box. Use this
PIN code at the copier if you do not have your student ID card.
Set Up Printing
You have multiple options to submit print jobs from anywhere on or off campus. All print jobs will be held in the cloud and are accessible at any Canon enabled copier available to students.
You can review your cloud print queue from the dashboard page under the ‘My Queue’ tab.
Below are the four ways you can submit print jobs for release:
- Online submission: This is located under the [START PRINTING] tab on the left side of the screen. Once you’re logged into the dashboard you can simply drag and drop documents to be uploaded to the cloud print queue.
- Email Submission: You can email an attached document to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Install SmartClient: You can download the client application to your PC, Mac or Chromebook. The client application will allow add a printer queue to your computer called Follow-Me-Cloud and let you to submit print jobs by using the file>print dropdown option on your computer.
- Smart Phone: You can download the uniflow application from the app store on your phone. This will allow you to submit print jobs directly from your phone or tablet.
Printing costs $0.08 per printed page for students. Students can add funds to their printing with Paypal or with a credit card through their Uniflow dashboard or by going to the Library Circulation Desk and paying with cash or check. If paying by credit card or PayPal, there is a minimum deposit of $10.00 and a maximum of $100.00.
All unused money will remain on students’ accounts until one year after graduation. After one year, the pages will be forfeited.
A dedicated Lexis printer is located in the Library copy room next to the circulation desk. Students, faculty, and staff may print from Lexis at no charge.
Non-Student Patron Copying
Non-student library patrons may obtain a guest copying card at the library circulation desk. Copying for non-student patron is self-service only. Copies cost $0.10 per printed page for non-student library patrons.