Nominations Sought for 2019 Graduates
(both January and May)
The Mitchell Hamline Alumni Association is pleased to accept nominations for the Student Awards of Merit.
Nominations accepted through April 1.
Allison Burke, Alumni and Donor Engagement Officer, 651-695-7608 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations of students who graduated in January 2019 or who will be graduating in May 2019 will be accepted from faculty, staff, alumni, and students (including self-nominations). A letter of support from a member of the faculty or staff is required for nominations by students (including self-nominations). Alumni nominating a student must also submit a letter in support of the nominee in addition to the application. All nominations and letters of support should address why the nominee is deserving of an award in light of the following criteria:
- Scholastic achievement above and beyond that which is measured by academic ranking;
- Distinguished participation in student or Mitchell Hamline sponsored organizations beyond prescribed and/or compensated duties or academic credit;
- Active contribution to the success and promotion of college-sponsored social and academic events;
- Decidedly above-average community involvement through professional and/or personal associations beyond prescribed and/or compensated duties or academic credit; and
- Individual dedication and perseverance in completing law school.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Finalists will be interviewed by the Alumni Board’s nomination committee. In reviewing nominations, the committee will consider the above criteria in the light of Mitchell Hamline’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Candidates will be notified of their nomination and asked to provide supporting information, including a resume containing their GPA and a one-page summary of their background and experience. Please note that finalists’ transcripts will be reviewed during the selection process.