Cyber threats: A growing, complex problem
As the world becomes more digitally interconnected and technologically driven, businesses and consumers are increasingly vulnerable to cyber threats. Regardless of your industry, the security of sensitive information is a priority. This program will teach you more than how to maintain a secure system. You will also learn how to effectively manage risk, and how to quickly and decisively respond to threats from some of the nation’s foremost cybersecurity experts.
- Emerging leaders
- Technology Managers
- Business Owners
- Privacy and Cybersecurity Professionals
- Attorneys and Other Professionals
Current J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Request More Information
Next start date: Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019
Add/Drop deadline: Friday, Sept. 6, 2019
Course of Study
Take five courses sequentially over 13 weeks
- Information Privacy Law (three weeks)
- Information Governance and Security Risk Management (four weeks)
- Information Technology Systems and Security Controls (two weeks)
- Incident Management and Response (two weeks)
- Liability and Enforcement Authorities (two weeks)
All courses are pass/fail. Students have many opportunities to interact with faculty and one another in discussions and hands-on exercises. There are no scheduled dates or times when all students must be online concurrently.Course Descriptions
To reserve a place in the program, a $250 deposit is required, unless otherwise advised.
- Tuition is $7,440.
- A 10-percent discount is available for Mitchell Hamline alumni
- This program does not qualify for federal financial aid
Continuing Education Credits
International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) continuing privacy education (cpe) credits are approved for the Information Privacy Law course.
- Employ leadership and counseling skills to guide information governance
- Perform risk assessments and create an effective incident response plan
- Develop a technical understanding of the operation of information systems and security controls
- Articulate the standard of care of a business to protect and secure personal information
- Analyze and communicate effectively about legal issues related to cybersecurity
“Mitchell Hamline’s Cybersecurity and Privacy Law Certificate Program is a most welcome addition to the current sources of professional legal education. We enrolled a team of six employees in the program (lawyers and non-lawyers alike), and they found its coverage of privacy law, information security risk management, and data breach liability comprehensive, and they appreciated having the opportunity to analyze real-life scenarios that will without question assist with the decisions we are making within our organization. The program has challenged my staff and expanded their knowledge base and skill set. It was much more cost effective than we could do in-house or by piecing together other programs. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who deals with cybersecurity, privacy or information handling issues.”
Professional Legal Education Programs