The Law Student Division of the American Bar Association (the ABA-LSD) gives you a chance to get involved in bar association activities while you are in law school. The benefits of a Law Student Division membership include:
- A one-year subscription to the ABA Journal
- A one-year subscription to the Student Lawyer, the Law Student Division’s award-winning magazine
- Reduced fees for specialty ABA Sections, Divisions, and Forums
- Discounts on health and life insurance and other member benefits
- No annual fee Visa or MasterCard
- Discounts on Bar Review courses
- Opportunities to improve lawyers skills through ABA-sponsored competition.
Mitchell Hamline students can pay ABA dues through their tuition statement when the join the ABA or renew their ABA membership by August 28. All students will receive directions on how to join the ABA or renew their ABA membership and have their dues charged to their tuition statement later in the summer. After paying dues through a tuition statement, a student may then join any additional sections or practice divisions by visiting www.abanet.org/lsd. Remember that ABA-sponsored competitions (client counseling, negotiations, and any ABA writing competition) require that participants be members of the ABA.
Please contact the ABA Chair or the ABA-LSD Representative to the SBA with questions about ABA-Law Student Division membership.