Managing compliance and risk in your organization
Over the past decade, businesses and non-profit organizations have faced increasing demands to comply with a myriad of government regulations in a rapidly changing legal landscape. Today, human resources professionals are responsible for the design, administration, and enforcement of many of the policies that address these regulations while ensuring compliance and managing risk for the organization. This program offers intensive, practice-based training for human resources professionals and their advisors in identifying and evaluating compliance requirements, while also being able to work with stakeholders to effectively implement compliance programs within their organizations.
- HR and Compliance Professionals
- Business Owners
- Attorneys and Other Professionals
Current J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Request More Information
Course of Study
Take four sequential courses online over 12 weeks.
- Human Resources Compliance and Risk Management (three weeks)
- Talent Acquisition and Pre-Employment Compliance (three weeks)
- Compliance during Employment: Development, Administration, and Enforcement of Policies and Procedures (three weeks)
- Compliance Issues in Ending Employment (three weeks)
All courses are pass/fail. Students have many opportunities to interact with faculty and one another in discussions and hands-on exercises. There are no scheduled dates or times when all students must be online concurrently.
Registration deadline: March 26, 2018
Spring start date: March 28, 2018
Participants are encouraged to have work experience and register at least one week before the program’s start date. However, neither is required. All registrations must be accompanied by a $250 deposit, unless otherwise advised.Register Online
- Tuition is $3980 for the 2018 calendar year
- A 10-percent discount is available for Mitchell Hamline alumni
- This program does not qualify for federal financial aid
- Special rate for government, non-profit, military and scholarships also available
Students who pass the four required courses are awarded a Certificate in Human Resources Compliance by Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Continuing Education Credits
The Minnesota CLE board has pre-approved this program for 30 CLE credits: 25 standard credits, 3 Ethics credits, and 2 Elimination of Bias credits.
Other continuing education credits
If the continuing education credits you are looking for are not listed above, please contact email@example.com with inquiries.
- Understand the purpose, policies, and role of a human resources professional within an organization
- Evaluate a workplace event and create an investigative plan that includes risk mapping
- Design a non-discriminatory business needs assessment with internal company stakeholders
- Communicate the importance of compliance initiatives to internal stakeholders within an organization
- Analyze, assess, and prioritize areas of risk and understand how to effectively manage those areas of risk with stakeholders in the organization
- Understand employment law and government compliance requirements
On-demand e-learning courses
- Compensation and Benefits Pending approval for 2 On-Demand CLEs by the Minnesota State Board of Continuing Legal Education and 2 PDCs for SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
- Employment-Based Immigration Law Approved for 5 On-Demand CLEs by the Minnesota State Board of Continuing Legal Education and 5 PDCs for SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
- Affirmative Action and Anti-Discrimination Compliance Approved for 2 Elimination of Bias On-Demand CLEs by the Minnesota State Board of Continuing Legal Education and 2 PDCs for SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
Stand-alone e-learning courses are $395/course or $295/course for students who have completed the Human Resources Compliance Certificate.On-Demand Courses