Be at the center of transforming healthcare
Learn to provide your organization guidance on creating and implementing reimbursement, patient privacy, and fraud and abuse compliance programs that can reduce exposure to fines and penalties. Develop strategies and programs to maximize reimbursement legally and ethically for healthcare services and products. This program culminates by studying problem-solving methods that will give you the tools needed to impact organizational change.
- Emerging leaders
- Hospital and healthcare facility administrators
- Healthcare business development and practice managers
- Nursing home, assisted living, long-term care, and outpatient facility administrators and program directors
- Attorneys and other professionals
Current J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Request More Information
Next start date: Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Add/Drop deadline: Friday, March 6, 2020
Course of Study
Take four sequential courses online over 13 weeks.
- Healthcare Organization, Regulation, and Compliance (four weeks)
- Healthcare Cybersecurity and Privacy Law (three weeks)
- Healthcare Financial Management and Optimization (three weeks)
- Healthcare Innovation, Strategic Planning, and Leadership (three weeks)
All courses are pass/fail. Students have many opportunities to interact with faculty and one another in discussions and hands-on exercises. There are no scheduled dates or times when all students must be online concurrently.
To reserve a place in the program, a $250 deposit is required, unless otherwise advised.
Continuing Education Credits
The Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® has approved this event for up to 19.2 Non-Live CCB CEUs. Continuing Education Units are awarded based on individual attendance records. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by CCB of this event content or of the event sponsor.
This program has been approved for 16 continuing education units for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements for the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
This program has been approved for 15 On-Demand CLE credits from the Minnesota State Board of Continuing Legal Education.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is listed as a Continuing Education Resource by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Understand how healthcare organizations and programs are structured, financed, and managed
- Analyze federal and state laws governing the regulation of the healthcare industry
- Understand how to detect and prevent fraud and abuse in billing/coding
- Explain data and business practices that trigger legal responsibilities
- Understand the difference between statutory compliance (legal requirements) and privacy program management
- Explore the golden triangle of healthcare: cost–quality–access
- Develop solutions for healthcare revenue cycle optimization
- Examine new trends in healthcare innovation, including technology, medical treatment, and business solutions
- Understand internal dispute resolution strategies and problem-solving processes
“I found the Mitchell Hamline Law and Leadership in Healthcare Administration Certificate to be very valuable. Each module discussed information that is directly applicable to my current job. There were many great takeaways that help my daily workflow.” Bonnie J. Flom, CMRS
“This program offers more in-depth understanding of healthcare laws and how those laws change the way healthcare organizations receive reimbursement. As a healthcare manager, it is important to understand each law and how it affects your organization as a whole. MBA programs focus a little on the laws, but this program goes more in-depth with the vital facts each manager needs to know. Every healthcare manager should be required to take this course.” Kay Miller, Fall 2018 certificate graduate