Online Certificate Program for Working Professionals
Provide your organization guidance on creating and implementing reimbursement, patient privacy, and fraud and abuse compliance programs that can reduce exposure to fines and penalties. Learn to develop strategies and programs to maximize reimbursement legally and ethically for the healthcare services and products. Learn problem-solving strategies and develop leadership skills to effect organizational change.
- Hospital/healthcare facility administrators
- Healthcare business development/practice managers
- Nursing home, assisted living, long-term care, and outpatient facility administrators and program directors
- Attorneys and other professionals
Current J.D. students are not eligible for this program.
Request More Information
Course of Study
Take four sequential courses online over 13 weeks.
- Healthcare Organization, Regulation, and Compliance (four weeks)
- Healthcare Cybersecurity and Privacy Law (three weeks)
- Healthcare Financial Management and Optimization (three weeks)
- Healthcare Innovation, Strategic Planning, and Leadership (three weeks)
All courses are pass/fail. Students have many opportunities to interact with faculty and one another in discussions and hands-on exercises. There are no scheduled dates or times when all students must be online concurrently.
Qualified applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or have qualified work experience and register at least one week before the program’s start date.
- Tuition is $5395 for the 2018 calendar year
- A 10-percent discount is available for Mitchell Hamline alumni, this includes recipients of any Mitchell Hamline certificate, including but not limited to, the Healthcare Compliance Certificate
- This program does not qualify for federal financial aid
- Special rate for government, non-profit, military and scholarships also available
Students who pass the four required courses are awarded a Certificate in Law and Leadership in Healthcare Administration by Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
- Understand how healthcare organizations and programs are structured, financed, and managed
- Analyze federal and state laws governing the regulation of the healthcare industry
- Understand how to detect and prevent fraud and abuse in billing/coding
- Explain data and business practices that trigger legal responsibilities
- Understand the difference between statutory compliance (legal requirements) and privacy program management
- Explore the golden triangle of healthcare: cost–quality–access
- Develop solutions for healthcare revenue cycle optimization
- Examine new trends in healthcare innovation, including technology, medical treatment, and business solutions
- Understand internal dispute resolution strategies and problem-solving processes