The Mitchell Hamline Alumni Association is now accepting nominations for the Student Awards of Merit.
Faculty, staff, alumni, and students (including self-nominations) can nominate students who graduated in January or will be graduating in May. A letter of support from a member of the faculty or staff is required for nominations by students (including self-nominations) and alumni. All nominations and letters of support should address why the nominee is deserving of an award in light of the following criteria:
- Scholastic achievement above and beyond academic ranking
- Distinguished participation in student or Mitchell Hamline sponsored organizations beyond prescribed and/or compensated duties or academic credit
- Active contribution to the success and promotion of college-sponsored social and academic events
- Above-average community involvement through professional and/or personal associations beyond prescribed and/or compensated duties or academic credit
- Individual dedication and perseverance in completing law school
Candidates will be notified of their nomination and asked to provide supporting information, including a resume containing their GPA and a one-page summary of their background and experience. Please note that finalists’ transcripts will be reviewed during the selection process. Finalists will be interviewed by an Alumni Board committee. The nomination deadline is April 16.
For more information email Allison Burke, Mitchell Hamline’s Alumni and Donor Engagement Officer.