Supporting Mitchell Hamline graduates through educational, networking, and professional development opportunities
Mitchell Hamline offers many services and resources to help our 20,000 alumni succeed and stay in touch with each other and the law school.
From our popular Alumni CLEs—free in person and available as webcasts—to our monthly eNewsletter to career and professional development support for alums, we are here for you.
Alumni services and resources from A to Z
Alumni are welcome to audit classes on a space-available basis for $150 per credit hour (or around $15 per CLE credit hour), except that alumni who graduated two years ago or less may audit one class per academic year at no charge. Registration is usually open in May for summer classes, in August for fall classes, and in December for spring classes. Watch the website or the alumni eNewsletter for registration dates. More information about auditing
Mitchell Hamline offers numerous CLEs in its Alumni CLE series. And Alumni CLEs viewed live are free for all alumni during Spring 2016. (Other CLEs presented by Mitchell Hamline that are not part of the Alumni CLE series may have different fees, and On Demand CLEs are available for a nominal fee.) Many CLEs are also now offered via webcast (both live and On Demand), and some be viewed afterwards at your leisure (not for CLE credit). CLE Information (upcoming and previous CLEs)
Career and Professional Development
Mitchell Hamline alumni are invited to take advantage of the services provided by the Office of Career and Professional Development. Sign up for a counseling session, read tip sheets, or sign up to review job postings on Symplicity. Career and Professional Development resources for alumni
Let your classmates know what you’re up to. Submit a class note with the latest on your career or family. Pictures welcome. Submit class notes
Graduates of Mitchell Hamline School of Law may request a replacement diploma by completing a Duplicate Diploma Request Form found on the Forms page of the Office of the Registrar website and mailing it to the Registrar’s Office along with a check for $50. Graduates of Hamline University School of Law will need to contact Hamline University.
Stay current on the latest news, events, and CLE offerings from Mitchell Hamline by signing up to receive our monthly alumni eNewsletter and CLE Update. But we can only send it to you if we have your current email address. Subscribe to our enewsletter
From the annual Alumni Golf Tournament to the Tomljanovich Tea for Women in Law, to conferences, lectures, and receptions, Mitchell Hamline offers a variety of events for alumni. Alumni event schedule
Information Technology Services
The Information Technology Services department is proud to offer, exclusively to Mitchell Hamline graduates, the following services:For 12 months following graduation you will continue to have the same access and support as when you were a student.
- Network access (Office 365, One Drive for Business, & Library Databases).
- Continued access to your student email address. Your @mitchellhamline.edu email account is left in place for 12 months after graduation, after which time your account will be converted to “alumni” status. You can use it or simply forward it to another account. If you are unable to log in, your password may have expired. You can change your password yourself by going to the self-service password page. Note: emails cannot be automatically migrated from your student account to your alumni email account, so be sure to manually forward to a new account any emails you wish to have access to.
- Wireless Internet access. While on campus you will have access to the Mitchell Hamline wireless network.
- Computer access. Your network login will allow you access to all public computers on campus. This includes all student computers in Hachey Commons and the Library Lab. You also have full printing capabilities (for a small charge) to any student printer in the Library or Central Services.
The following are technology privileges that are provided to graduates for a lifetime:
- Email account – your existing Mitchell Hamline student email account will be converted into an “alumni” account one year from your graduation date. You will continue to be able to use your email@example.com as your email address. This will allow you to preserve your email, calendar, and contacts. This will also eliminate the need for you to forward your information to another account. However, once your account has been changed to “alumni” status, your subscription to Office 365 will expire. If you are using the Mitchell Hamline Microsoft Office suite that was obtained via Mitchell Hamline, you will need to purchase a license directly from Microsoft or another vendor to continue using the MS Office 365 suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).You can purchase an Office 365 Subscription using the following link: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Office-365/categoryID.68021500
- Guest wireless Internet access (available throughout campus). If you are going to be on campus, simply select the mitchellhamline network and click Accept to connect to the unsecured wireless service. See “Connecting to Mitchell Hamline’s Wireless Network”for more information.
- Library computer lab access (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Internet access, Library databases). If you are on campus and need a computer, the circulation staff will log you on to any computer in the lab. This gets you Internet, applications and printing access.
Information Technology Services is always looking for ways to improve your continued connection to the college. If you have any suggestions, email IT@mitchellhamline.edu.
Warren E. Burger Library
Alumni may take advantage of the following library services:
Checkout and Renewal
Material from the circulating collection may be checked out at the circulation desk for a two-week period. Items may be renewed for an additional two weeks either in person, by phone, or email. Recent alumni may renew materials online using the barcode from their student ID. After two off campus renewals, the circulation staff may request that the item be brought to the library before renewal is permitted.
Alumni may access the campus wireless system. Alumni may also use the computers located throughout the library. Student accounts are active for 12 months post graduation, and after that, users may ask the circulation staff to log them onto the network with a guest network password.
Alumni are welcome to use the library’s electronic and print research resources. Numerous databases (including HeinOnline, BNA, and CCH) are accessible to on-campus users. The librarians have created several library guides that feature links to free internet resources as well as recommendations for print resources available in our collection. Reference librarians are glad to help with research resources and tools available in the library.
Alumni are welcome to use any open space in the library (including unoccupied carrels) for research and study, including studying for the bar exam. The second floor and lower level are designated as quiet areas.
Alumni may request copies of articles and other materials, subject to copyright restrictions. The request form is available on the library website under the Interlibrary Loan tab. Charges for this service are listed on the form, and requests are filled within one business day. Request Document Delivery Form.
Alumni may obtain a guest copy card at the library circulation desk that allows access to the library’s four printer/copiers. Copies cost $0.04 per printed page and can be paid for in cash or paper check at the circulation desk.
Mitchell Hamline offers numerous ways for alumni to stay connected to each other. Connect with classmates and other alumni by joining our LinkedIn group or following Mitchell Hamline on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Alumni can give back to the school through one of many volunteer opportunities, such as serving on a board or committee, coaching a mock trial team, or mentoring current students. See volunteer opportunities with time commitment and sign up to get involved.