Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is seeking candidates in their 1L and 2L year for a Law Services Internship Position:
Summer position for a person currently enrolled in law school to assist Blue Cross’s Law Services Department with a variety of legal analyses. The position includes significant research and writing responsibilities, as well as opportunities to interact with internal business partners. Work assignments will primarily consist of legal research and writing relating to business, corporate and litigation issues and analyses of federal and state regulatory matters. Work assignments will flow through Alison Colton and Joel Mintzer.
1. At the direction of Blue Cross counsel
a. Will conduct legal research regarding various regulatory, corporate and business issues;
b. Will work with subject matter experts to understand practical impact of the issues;
c. Will advise Blue Cross counsel on these in an appropriate manner, including written and oral presentations
• Current enrollment in an accredited law school, with a class rank in the upper 25%
• Application knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Organizational – ability to gather, categorize and prioritize information
• Previous experience, or demonstrated interest in, healthcare law. (If not shown in resume, please describe within cover letter.)
Application Instructions: Interested 1Ls should submit their resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Jessica Bergman (Assistant Director, Career & Professional Development) at Jessica.Bergman@mitchellhamline.edu. Interested 2Ls (or 2L/3L PT) should apply via Symplicity under the OCI tab.