SYMPLICITY JOB ID# 20179
LAW CLERK TO JUDGE RACHNA SULLIVAN – FAMILY COURT
Judge Rachna Sullivan of the Fourth Judicial District Court in Minneapolis is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill a Law Clerk position. The Judge is seeking a candidate to start in mid-December, 2021.
The duties of a law clerk in Family Court includes drafting orders, legal research, organization of a substantial case load, communication with attorneys and the public, updating the court electronic information system on the status of cases, and related administrative work.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Research and draft orders
• Confer with the Judge regarding analysis and drafting of orders
• Attend court hearings to hear oral arguments and record proceedings
• Maintain records from the court proceedings, including recording the court proceedings, calling the calendar, and swearing witnesses and parties
• Administrative tasks, including updating information from court proceedings, answering telephones, updating Judge’s calendar, scheduling hearings, and communicating with parties and counsel
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school.
• Top 25% of law school class
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to multi-task and handle a heavy case load
• Ability to research complex legal issues
• Ability to work in an inclusive, multicultural environment that values diversity and relationships
• Ability to professionally exhibit cultural sensitivity, patience, and understanding in the course of work duties
• Ability to represent the court in a respectful manner
• Skill in the operation of a personal computer with word processing and legal research software and Westlaw
Please attach to your application the following materials:
• Resume and Transcript
• List of References
• Writing Sample
• Cover Letter
If you have any questions regarding the posting, please contact Alison Kennedy, Human Resources Generalist, at Alison.Kennedy@courts.state.mn.us.
Application materials may be directed to Judge Sullivan at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is October 15, 2021
Candidates selected to interview will be notified by Judge Sullivan.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. We celebrate and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and characteristics. Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB.
All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background check. An employment offer may be rescinded if the background check identifies job related convictions.