Mitchell Hamline is excited to announce a new method for sending and receiving faxes. RightFax allows you to send directly from your desktop, eliminating the need to fax from the copier/printer.
Instructions for faxing from the desktop
- Open a web browser and go to https://rightfax.mitchellhamline.edu/webclient. Login with your MHSL email address and password. You are now at the home screen, which is where you can monitor the status of your outgoing faxes and manage sent faxes through the use of folders, etc.
- To send a fax, click the New Fax button at the top of the screen, which will open the Create/Edit Fax screen. The Fax Number and Name are the only required fields. Fill in any fields that may be useful to you or your recipient.
- Name – Enter the name of the fax recipient.
- Destination Type – Make sure it is set to Fax Number (default).
- Destination – Enter the entire fax number. Note: You must enter a preceding 9 as you would for any outgoing call or fax, and a 1 if the fax is long distance. Example – if the fax number is 888-867-5309, you must enter the number as 918888675309.
- Voice number (optional) – the voice phone number of the recipient.
- Company and City/State (optional)
- Phonebook (button) – Your phone book will initially be empty, but if you have recipients that you fax to regularly, you may want to add them to your phone book to make it more convenient.
- Cover Sheet (optional) – Keep the box checked if you would like to use the default cover sheet. If you have one of your own you can un-click the box and add yours as an attachment using the Attachments button (see below).
- Notes (optional) – Any notes that you type will be displayed on the cover sheet.
- Attachments (optional) – Here is where you will attach your main fax document. Use the Attach File function and click Browse to navigate where the document is on your computer or network drive. In spite of the list of accepted file types, XML format files are not currently allowed and will not be sent (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, etc.). Please use the “save as” function and save any XML format attachment as an Office 97-2003 compatible document or as a PDF.
- Leave the conversion bias and billing as default.
When you are finished entering information, click Send, which will bring you back to the home screen, where you can check the status of the fax. Click the F5 key to refresh the page as the status will change as the fax process completes.
For detailed help and instructions, including setting up your phone list, see https://rightfax.mitchellhamline.edu/webclient/help/OpenText_RightFax_106_Web_Client_Help.htm (which can also be found by clicking on Help in the drop-down menu below your name at the upper right of the screen.
Instructions for faxing from the printer/copier
- Swipe your MHSL ID card at the card reader on the printer/copier to log into Uniflow.
- Go to the main menu and choose Scan and Send.
- Choose New Destination–>Email.
- In the email address field, enter the entire fax number, including a preceding 9 for the outside line and a 1 if the number is long distance (use the number keypad for numerals). Directly after the number, type @fax.mhsl. Example – if the fax number is 888-867-5309, type firstname.lastname@example.org in the address field. Click OK, and click OK again on the following page.
- Place your original in the feeder tray face up, and click the green Start button. Your document will be scanned and faxed. Go to https://rightfax.mitchellhamline.edu/webclient to see the status of your fax.
For both methods, you can check the status of your fax by going to https://rightfax.mitchellhamline.edu/webclient. The status will be OK if the fax was sent successfully or will show an error message if there was a problem with the fax. You will also receive an email if the fax is not successfully sent.
Downloadable Quick Tip Sheets