The Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law is now accepting entries for the 2019 Law Student Writing Contest. This contest is open to all J.D and LL.M students currently attending an ABA-accredited law school. It is designed to encourage and reward law student writing on real property, trust and estate law subjects of general and current interest.
- Free round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations to the RPTE Fall Leadership Meeting in San Juan, PR, November 14–16, 2019. This is an excellent meeting to network with RPTE leadership!
- A full-tuition scholarship to the University of Miami School of Law’s Heckerling Graduate Program in Estate Planning OR Robert Traurig-Greenberg Traurig Graduate Program in Real Property Development for the 2019–2020 or 2020-2021 academic year.*
- Consideration for publication in The Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal, the Section’s law review journal, which is mailed to roughly 20,000 RPTE members.
- One year free RPTE membership
- Name and essay title will be published in the report, the Section’s electronic newsletter, and Probate & Property, the Section’s flagship magazine
*Students must apply and be admitted to the graduate program of their choice to be considered for the scholarship. Applicants to the Heckerling Graduate Program in Estate Planning must hold a J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and must have completed the equivalent of both J.D. trusts and estates and federal income tax course. Applicants to the Robert Traurig-Greenberg Traurig Graduate Program in Real Property Development must hold a degree from an ABA accredited law school or a foreign equivalent non-US school.
Visit the University of Miami School of Law webpage for further information on the graduate programs.
Contest deadline: May 31, 2019.