The 2024 Baker Donelson Diversity Scholarship application is now available! Baker Donelson will award three scholarships to three diverse rising 2L law students who will complete their first year of law school by June 2023. Recipients will be awarded a minimum six-week, salaried 2L Summer Associate position for the summer of 2024 in one of our Firm’s offices. Additionally, each recipient will be awarded $20,000, to help defray the cost of law school tuition and related expenses, which will be paid in two disbursements, conditioned on the following:
- $10,000 will be awarded after the completion of a 2L summer associate clerkship, and
- $10,000 will be awarded upon offer and acceptance of a permanent associate position.
To qualify for the scholarship, the candidates must:
- Have completed their first year of a full-time JD program with an anticipated graduation date of 2025 at the time of application.
- Be a member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession.
- Attend an ABA Accredited Law School.
- Candidates may not be the recipient of a similar scholarship award from another law firm.
The application process will open on Thursday, May 11, 2023. All applications must be submitted via the online application tool. To start the Diversity Scholarship Application process, you must first register on the Baker Donelson platform here. Once registered, you will then receive an email from Baker Donelson Information Services that will include a link to complete the Diversity Scholarship Application. Applications are due by midnight, Friday, June 9, 2023. Interviews for selected finalists will take place between June 29 and July 13. Scholarship recipients will be notified by July 17.