State Bar Associations
Law students are encouraged to join their state bar associations to connect with local practitioners and access resources, events, training and volunteer opportunities, job boards, and more. Membership is often free for law students, and attorneys are eager to connect with and support aspiring practitioners!
Minnesota State Bar Association (FREE for Law Students)
Once you’re a member…
- It is particularly advantageous to join a section of the Bar Association, which can lead to even more connections, resources, and professional development opportunities in the area(s) that interest you. Even if you are still exploring practice areas, it is helpful to sign up for 1-3 sections to help facilitate your exploration. We recommend considering at least one substantive law section in addition to joining the “New Lawyers” Section.
- Sign up to receive email notifications about useful events and information (with the MSBA, go to My Account > Communication Preferences > Email Electronic Version of “Bench & Bar” + Send Section CLE Notices + Send Section Newsletters).
- Join the Bar on Social Media (MSBA Facebook Page and MN Legal Event Calendar)
County/District Bar Associations
Local bar associations can often facilitate connections, events, and resources close in proximity to your community.
In MN, join a county bar association by registering with MSBA:
- Hennepin County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Ramsey County Bar Association (RCBA)
Affinity Bar Associations
More MN-based affinity bar associations: http://diversityinpractice.org/affinity-bars/
Not in Minnesota? Search for affinity bar associations through your local bar association or find local affiliates through national organizations.
Other Professional Associations
Learn about Student Organizations at Mitchell Hamline