A Bar Loan lender list is provided at the web location FAST Choice to assist graduating students with locating and evaluating Bar Study Loans. The list, while not exhaustive, contains some of the common private loan lenders for Bar Study Loans.
Important Points and Reminders
- Before applying for a private Bar Study loan, check with the Financial Aid Office to ensure you are maximizing your federal student loan eligibility: finaid @mitchellhamline.edu. Federal loan eligibility expires at graduation.
- Bar Study Loans are private, non-federal loan funds that are used after graduation to fund bar prep courses and living expenses.
- Private student loans are subject to credit qualification and the interest rate is determined by your credit score. Review your free credit report at Annual Credit Report.com before applying for a private loan to resolve any negative issues.
- Applying with a co-signer may improve interest rates on Bar Study Loans.
- Bar Study loans usually require school certification of your graduation. We e-mail you to let you know when this requirement is completed.
- Disbursement is typically direct to you: funds are not sent to the school. Check disbursement details with your lender.
- Private Bar Study loan terms vary by the lender, cannot be consolidated, cannot be included in federal student loan income-based repayment programs, and cannot be included in federal loan forgiveness programs. Private student loans may not offer forbearance or deferment options.
- Before borrowing, review your personal budget to minimize your student loan debt. Students with questions on these loans should contact the Mitchell Hamline Financial Aid Office.
|For Questions About:||Contact:|
|General program information and Student eligibility||Office of Financial Aid; 651-290-6403, finaid @mitchellhamline.edu|
|Refund checks||Student Accounts, Finance Office; 651-290-6470; student.account @mitchellhamline.edu|