Now available as an on-demand CLE!
Email the Health Law Institute to register.
Food experts discussed:
- What is transparency? What is driving it?
- The aspects of transparency are most important to which stakeholders
- Challenges and opportunities of increased transparency
- Accuracy, commercial free speech, truthful label claims, litigation
- How to create transparent policies that are compliant with existing laws/regulations
- Charlie Arnot, CEO, The Center for Food Integrity
- Leah Nicholls, Senior Attorney with Public Justice
- Shelly Becker, Assistant General Counsel of SunOpta
- Deborah Arcoleo, Partner and former Director of Transparency Ventures
Facilitators of Event:
- David Graham, Partner, Dykema Law Firm
- Shirley Boyd, former Assistant General Counsel of Cargill; Adjunct Professor, Mitchell-Hamline School of Law
9-9:05am: Welcome and Intro from David Graham, Partner, Dykema Law Firm
9:05-9:50am: Food Transparency: What is it? Charlie Arnot, CEO, The Center for Food Integrity – (30 min presentation, 15 min Q&A)
9:50-10:35am: AgGag, Whistleblowers and First Amendment – Leah Nicholls, Sr. Atty with Public Justice – (30 min presentation, 15 min Q&A)
10:50-11:05am: Company Panel Introduction – Panel Facilitator, Shirley Boyd, former Assistant General Counsel, Cargill; Adjunct Professor, Mitchell-Hamline School of Law.
11:05-11:45am: Panel: Company Responses to Consumer Desires for Transparency
- SunOpta: Shelly Becker, Assistant General Counsel
- Transparency Ventures: Deborah Arcoleo, Partner (former Director, Product Transparency, The Hershey Company)
11:45-12:00pm: Audience Q&A and Closing with David Graham
Email the HLI Program Administrator Andrea Nadeau to find out how to register for this on-demand CLE!
Thank you to our sponsors!