Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz announced on May 13 that the state’s “stay at home” order will expire on Monday, May 18.
Mitchell Hamline continues to operate with safety and public health concerns at the forefront, and we are actively reviewing processes and procedures to be put in place when we are able to gradually reopen the campus.
Until those processes and procedures are approved and implemented, the campus will remain closed to students, the library will remain closed to all patrons, and all employees should work from home unless they need to be on campus.
The current policies around access and entry to the building remain in effect until further notice.
Health status reporting
If you learn that you or someone close to you has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or that you or someone close to you has been exposed to a person who has COVID-19 or to a person from an area experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19, please notify a school official. Faculty and staff should notify Human Resources Director Andrea Bien, firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should notify Dean of Students Lynn Lemoine, email@example.com. We respect the privacy of our faculty, staff, and students. The information gathered will be used in the event that we have a confirmed case reported by a member of our community. The sharing of information will be limited to those individuals that have a business need to know and would include the Minnesota State Health Department.
For current health-related information, we encourage you to visit the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Minnesota Department of Health websites. We will also update school information on the website.
State officials are posting updated information on the spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota here.
Contacts for questions
- On-campus students: student.services @mitchellhamline.edu
- Blended-learning students: blendedlearning @mitchellhamline.edu
- Employees should contact their manager or Andrea.Bien @mitchellhamline.edu
- Media: Doug.Belden @mitchellhamline.edu
- Students can find additional information on the Docket, and faculty and staff on the Summit
- Moving your class online for faculty
- Accessibility resources for online learning
- Mitchell Hamline to teach completely online in the fallPosted July 27
- Mitchell Hamline’s Burger Library to reopen for students, faculty, staff on Monday, July 13Posted July 9
- Through COVID-19 and Floyd crises, alum stays focused on community servicePosted June 17
- New health protocols for campus take effect June 15Posted June 12
- Building restrictions remain in place until further noticePosted May 15
- Mitchell Hamline extends building restrictions to May 18Posted May 1
- You’ve asked: How can we help during pandemic? Here are some waysPosted April 30
- Mitchell Hamline extends building restrictions to May 4Posted April 9
- Mitchell Hamline alumni offering discounted services during COVID-19Posted April 2
- Students have pass/fail option for spring semesterPosted March 27